Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with the DVD-rom drive

I don't think that ya such a smart asien then (whatever an asien is :?: ) as I said "full hardware details" not "hardware settings" which means the makes and models of components that make up your PC. Plus ya really need to learn how to use the edit button instead of makin' a string of posts. :rolleyes2

Be sure that ya didn't install the floppy cable backwards (but ya may have done that to the IDE cable as well).

sry i'm so stupid. I'm using a sony floppy drive, i tried resetting the cmos, same problem, i have an abit nf7-s v.2 the cables aren't put on wrong cuz i tried them in every position already. Dvd stops being recognized as soon as i install the nforce drivers. Is there a software thats not floppy in which i can reformat my entire hard drive? would that help? deleting a partition? or something like fdisk? It may have to do with my BIOS settings because the floppy isn't recognized even in the windows xp setup, where u make a recovery disk. Powers not the problem, unplugged the nexus fan controller, and i tried using different psu wire for floppy same thing. Should i try installing a second floppy like a B drive or something? and c if that works? All i no is this is getting annoying for u too probably... sry for the trouble lol :blah:

Boot with the XP CD and the repair console can do that for ya plus typin' "help" at the prompt will give ya all the commands that ya need but they're basically the same as DOS.

Ok i tried doing the repair thing, got to the prompt tried to format, nothing happens, where it says would u like to format, i put "y" for yes and it goes straight back to the prompt. no fdisk on that either.

Did you ever take a minute to think maybe ya Floppy Drive is dead?

u probably didn't read the previous posts, cuz i said it works on the old cpu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information