Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem when comp boots up

well i checked and i actually didnt have any extra screws in it so since i was hella pissed off i just took apart everything in my comp and put it back together and walla it started up!

but now another problem arrised..... for some strange reason my system cannot start windows but the hd works fine. so i reformatted my comp and installed windows 98 instead of xp and windows 98 instaled properly but when it trys to load windows it just says failed to start windows. and lets me choose from the safe modes, ect. and when i press to go into safe mode it still says failed to start windows.......

k i dont got xp right no but im going to borrow my friends, so im trying to reinstall 98 right now after the reformat is finished. ill tell you wut happens after its done.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-0o0
    k i dont got xp right no but im going to borrow my friends
    Just FYI, that's illegal. Piracy talk isnt permitted, so dont expect any answers if you have a problem with that XP.

Anyway, what are your full specs?

ok then..... i just found my copy of xp so now im not talking about illegal things.

now back to what i was saying i just reinstalled winows 98 and the same thing happened when it started up it took me to the black prompt screen where you can hoose from safe mode ect. and it said the same thing at the bottom of the screen.

warning windows did not finish loading please choose from safe mode or blahblahblah to correct or somethin like that.

i tried to go into safe mode and it just says the same thing as if it was starting normally.

Like I said, whats your system specs?

Anyway, if your Hard Drvie came with a Floppy disk, put it in and reformat your Hard Drive with it, then try to install XP

nope it didnt come with a floppy cuz i got it premade for me so i wouldnt have 2 build it.

system specs are:

p4 2.53 ghz
    ati radeon 9700 pro
    80 gig hd
    1 stick of 256 meg pc2100 ddr, 1 stick of 1 gig pc 3200 gig
    super alien x full tower case.
    dont remeber mobo but is compatible with processer and ram.

WOOT i fixed the prob, i relized when amdman asked for my specs that 1 of my ram was pc 3200 and the other was 2100 so i took out the 2100 and it booted :):):)

thanks every1 for all your help and patience i finally got my rig workin now. peace out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information