Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem when comp boots up

i know theres already a thread about this but here it goes: i got a new full tower super alien x case and i connected everything in mobo, drives, cards everything exactly how its suppose to be but whenever i turn it on the comp turns on al the fans and cpu starts going but the monitor,keyboard,mouse,ect. do not turn on.

also when i turn my comp on it does not make the beep sound its suppose to and ive tried practically every cable in every different slot every way you could think of it.

so does any1 have any suggestions or know how to fix this problem so my pc will work?

Youve got a fried CPU or mobo there, if it all possible, try the CPU in adifferent mobo or a different CPU in that mobo.

how is it possible that my mobo is fried or cpu is fried if i was using my comp 5 min. before i shut it all down and put the parts in a different case? and also how come the mobo and cpu start up when i press the switch but no beeping?

Lemme backtrack here, make sure your Video card is firmly seated as well. Also, is that an AMD or Intel CPU?

Also, ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) can kill it, cracking or chipping of the CPU core, and shorting of your mobo circuitry

im using a intel p4 2.53ghz.

heres some thing i just found out, when i disconnect the power cable from my ati radeon 9700 pro and turn on the comp it beeps about 5-10 times rapidly then it actually shows a message on my monitor saying please connect power to the ati radeon 9700 pro video card and refer to you hardware book.

so my motherboard and processer do work but the mouse,keyboard,monitor dont work when comp is turned on, im thinkin maybe it has something to do with how my hd is connected because i had the same problem when i was building my brothers comp but i kept trying different plugs and cables and i finally got it to startup.

the only problem is i tried every type of plug/combination there is to choose from unless i wasnt paying attention.

(sigh) i dont think they get any bigger than 500w cuz thats wut i got.... i told you already i dont think my hardware is faulty but then again it just wont boot up.

So you are absolutely sure every wire and plug are in the right places and firmly attached? Did the case come with the mobo standoffs already installed? If so, are they in the right places?
    Try resetting the cmos.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

mobo standoffs? you mean those gold things u plug into the case that rase your mobo off the case and let you screw the bolts into them?

this could be the problem cause i have a few extra of them in there and maybe there not suppose to be there because its metal touching the mobo but i doubt that would be the prob cuz the comp starts fine just no display or mouse.

ill take it apart anywz and take the extras out cuz i have no other choice.

You cant have ones without screws in them, if there on the mobo tray without screws in there you got your problem righ there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information