Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSU, mobo hookup problems

Well, I'm trying to hook up all the wiring from the power supply to the mobo. I have an asus P4C 800E-Deluxe mobo, with an xs alien full tower with a 500 watt power supply. No documantation came with the tower, and the mother board instructions are very slim. I have power to the motherboard, but the power supply does not work, as in the fan does not work. I don't have the foggiest idea what to do. If anyone knows any info on this, or knows where I can get some answers Please let me know. I'm lost hahah Oh, Yes I emailed the people who I bought the case from, they were no help. Thanks. Please get back to ASAP.
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Extreme Spirit NB heatsink
    Corsair XMS2 PC2 8500 (2gigs)/with fans
    Ocz Gamestream 700 watt psu
    Geforce 7900gs oc Video card
    Half a tarabyte hard drive space
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Quote Originally Posted by wily5150
    Well, I'm trying to hook up all the wiring from the power supply to the mobo. I have an asus P4C 800E-Deluxe mobo, with an xs alien full tower with a 500 watt power supply. No documantation came with the tower, and the mother board instructions are very slim. I have power to the motherboard, but the power supply does not work, as in the fan does not work. I don't have the foggiest idea what to do. If anyone knows any info on this, or knows where I can get some answers Please let me know. I'm lost hahah Oh, Yes I emailed the people who I bought the case from, they were no help. Thanks. Please get back to ASAP.

Not sure how you can have power to the motherboard and a dead PSU:confused: ... But anyway just incase this is what your talking about, make sure you have BOTH the 4 pin and the 20 pin power connections hooked up to the motherboard if you happen to have a Pentium 4 system.

Those are the only two wires I have hooked up from the psu. I don't know either. The Asus mobo has a green light on the lower right corner. That comes on when I plug it and turn it on. Nothing else works
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Quote Originally Posted by wily5150
    Those are the only two wires I have hooked up from the psu. I don't know either. The Asus mobo has a green light on the lower right corner. That comes on when I plug it and turn it on. Nothing else works
    Check the switches in the back of your PSU, make sure the -\o switch is set to - and if you live in the US 115 should be readable on the red voltage switch. Also make sure your case wires are hooked up correctly to your Motherboard. And just incase try a different outlet when you plug in your system to a wall outlet, I've went over to peoples house before that claimed their computer didn't work and found out it was actually just the wall outlet that didn't work but I highly doubt thats the case here.

yah, I did all that. I don' t know what to do.
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Unless ya've hooked up the HSF directly to the PSU without lettin' the mobo header monitor the fan speed then I'd suggest that ya RMA the PSU.

The hsf isn't hooked up yet. I'm going water cooling on this unit. The fan for the radiator is hooked up where the hsf should be. What's rma?
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

I hope that the header pins on the mobo are only monitorin' the fan speed of that raditor fan then and not powerin' it as well as that's likely ya prob (to much current draw thru the mobo circuitry) but RMA stands for "Return to Manufacturer Authority" which is basically "send it back under warranty".

Well I asumed that's where the fan for the radiator should go. The fan is considered a smart fan. To much draw? would that keep the psu from powering up? I'm not sure what you mean.
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

a good test is to pull out memory and try to start the system.
    If you get beeps (error saying u got no memory) that means that your mobo/PSU is getting power.
    If you get the codes, it means that youre doing something wrong in the setup. Reset CMOS, unplug everything from the mobo, leaving only cpu/hsf memory and vid card.
    if that dont work, u probably have bad mobo.

If you on the other hand dont get the error beep codes, than you need to look at your instalating again, as there might be something hooked up wrong, or shorting itself out.
    CHECK all your jumpers on the motherboard.
    clear cmos ect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information