Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question on Antec Sonata case

Hey got a little question i am willing to bet someone will give me an answer. lol.. I bought and apple ipod a few weeks ago and went to sync with it through my front case firewire.. and well the ipod shows its charging.. but the computer doesn't even see.. no data or anything.. I am positive that i hooked the wires to the corresponding pins from what the manual said they was. But also another weird thing is i can't use my sony thumbdrive in the front usb panels either. but i know those work cause i have my joystick and usb floppy hooked up to em. In order for me to get the ipod to work i used the firewire and cable that came with the asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard in the back of the pc.. Which works fine.. but is there something about front panel firewire and usb that portable devices hate... OH and i've read that the sonata had the wrong pins for front panel audio listed in the manual.. think that this may be a problem with the firewire also... Thanks guys i am done typing now.. lol

Since you know the devices work by hooking them to the rear of the motherboard, this limits the problem to either the case ports or the additional pinouts on the mainboard itself. I'd check the Antec website to see if they have info on the proper pinout positions for the ports (especially if you have been told the manual may be wrong). Their website is www.antec-inc.com
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information