Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: "The Data is Invalid" - ARRRRRRGHHH!

Hi, all

I am having a huge problem with trying to install a Geforce 4 MX graphics card.

After physically installing it, I rebooted and my PC had "found new hardware" , but after attempting to install i get a message saying:-

The data is invalid.

I did trying installing the drivers from the CD that comes with it, and according to the on-screen prompts it has been installed ok.

So basically, my pc has found the new hardware, even knows what it is, but can't install it.

I know this might be one of those registry issues but have tried all the fixes for it withous success.

Please help me before i go insane!!!!

Thanks

RedBelly. :geek: :confused:

BTW: i'm running XP pro

What card did you use before this one? ATI?

If so did you reinstall windows after you installed this geforce card..? Also go to www.nvidia.com and download the newest drivers for your card rather than using that old cd.

Well don't ask me how?

But I managed to install it!!!!!!!:afro: :afro:

I hadn't taken into account that i should have disabled my antivirus software to ensure it configures correctly.

I know its working now cos' i have call of duty and was unable to run before due to having a 32Mg graphics card.

Now i have a 128 it's running fine!

OH YEAH!!!!!:thumb: : peace: :cheers:

Thread Information