Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Front USB problem

ok heres the problem I have a x-dreamer case with the front usb and now i want to use them. the mobo im using is an 8rda+ so im sure many of you are familiar with it. problem is when i hook up the front usb ports to the usb3 connector on the mobo the system wont boot so obviously there is a problem, and im pretty sure its to do with the pin arrangement. Here are some pics i drew of the different pin arrangements. First here is the arrangement on the motherboard as it is in the manual:

And heres the layout on the connector for the front USB. any ideas how i need to re-arrange it to make it work, thanks, btw theres two connectors for the front usb and the other would just be marked VCC2, Data + 2 ect.

I don't know about the shield or over voltage connections as I've yet to come across them so how does it go with just the four others connected? :?:

ya those were the two that stumped me, how do you suggest i try to hook it up then without those two, just hook up everything else except for shield?

Yes leave the shield connection off and the ports should work as all the cases and mobo's that I've used have only use those four other connections.

thanks a lot man that did the trick, i had this problem quite a while but never got around to trying to fix it, thanks for the help man, cheers

Thread Information