Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

What he is telling you, is to open your case. take a look at your hard drive. Is it a Western Digital, Maxtor, IBm, or what. Go their web sit and download the utility. Sony did not make it, They probably didn't manufacter one piece of that computer. They had others make it Stamped their name on it. So find out what hard drive you have.
    Athlon 2000+
    epox 8kha+
    768MB crucial/micron DDR pc2100
    Pine geforce 2 AGP mx400
    SB Audigy mp3+
    20 GB Western Digital
    Creativelabs 52x CDROM
    Buslink 40x12x48 burner
    Asynchronus digital subscriber loop

thanks for a better clear info ill do that and get back to my post asap sp lates Is my specs or not what should i do ??/ danm i went to Maxtor.com and i got this error

ERROR
    Too much recursion
    www.maxtor.com => http://www.maxtor.com
    Wilde Gonzalez

Tell me exactly what model Maxtor Hd you have and I'll email you the Utitlity 8)

ok wait up ok its a Maxtor modle 4d080h4 and tell me how to make a bootle floppy or disc email is sidewalksurfin@sbcglobal.net i think there another one in the bottom it say Maxtor d540x-4d 5400 rpm 80 gb ultra ATA/100 ad
    Wilde Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by #Hashx#
    Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    Quote Originally Posted by spideropt
    what i cant even log in on my pc im using my MAc what cd do i use to wippe the hard drive and restore it
    you can use the PC you are posting from. just download the utility from your HD manufacturer's website and make a bootable floppy with it. that will allow you to check your HD for problems.

Thats what my previous post said...dident it?.. :roll:
    Just for Confussions sake That had nothing to do with you Spider.

I understand that your on a diffrent comp right now. Just to clarify viaos website tells you that you need to Restore you computer with Their disk?

Can you look through you currently collection of stuff that came with your compter and see if there is a Restore disk...

Quote Originally Posted by #Hashx#
    Thats what my previous post said...dident it?.. :roll:
    i would say read again :roll:
    spideropt: looks like there is some problem with Maxtor site. you will have to wait untill the site comes back up.
    what you will download is known as "Powermax". it will be an executable and it will help you make a "Bootable" floppy.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

cool man i guess we are getting close to fixing my pc. I hopr its ready before april 2
    Wilde Gonzalez

Default Re: when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

Wilde,
    Saw you had a problem early this year that sounds almost identical to mine (getting a "Disk access:Sense operation failed" error during system recovery). I have a Seagate harddrive (yours was different I think). But was the process you followed to :
    1) download harddrive diagnostics from the manufactuers site
    2) put the diagnostics on a floppy disk
    3) boot up w/ the floppy

Does this sound about right? And did you get the PC back up and running?
    Were there any tricks to creating a bootable floppy - or is it as simple as copying the diagnostics download to a floppy and booting with it?

Thanks.

disk access: sense operation failed

I had this same error message with a Sony VAIO desktop machine. I was able to install XP with a regular OEM disk and I used a program to test the hard drive and it was fine. Then I used a free bootup floppy from http://www.killdisk.com/ to completely wipe the drive. After I did this, the Sony restore disks worked again. =)

I had the same problem, Disc access: Sense operation failed. I decided to take dork's advice. I'm using the tool from http://www.killdisk.com right now, and I was wondering if it's supposed to take very long. The process is at 50%, and it has been over an hour since I started.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information