Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Radeon 8500 and AthlonXP

I've read in a couple of spots about a certain degree of incompatability between these two items. Has anyone any clear info on this before I buy a Radeon 8500. Mainboard is a Gigabyte 7VTXE 266 (Dual BIOS) with Via chipset and CPU is 1600+ AthlonXP.:thumb:

BTW: OS is WinXP.
    http://www.smurfbox.mainpage.net

Computers are like children, some people just shouldn't be allowed to have one.

sorry hadn't heard anything re this problem

try checking out www.ntcompatible.com they keep a database for these types of problems

check my sig.

I've had some problems trying to run WinXP with older drivers & currently have Win98se installed - I haven't tried WinXp with the newer drivers yet

Sorry, can't totally help you there. I've got the R8500 in my VP6 (dual P3 board, Apollo Pro 133A mobo) and it smokes even tho the CPU's are just 800MHz (800EB).

I'd say go for the 8500. I have one and you can find the review of it by hitting my www button. It's a new site, and I'm part of the staff, there. I've been a major skeptic of ATI's products, but the 8500 is a real smash.:thumb:

Thread Information