Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Disconnecting Problem with internet

Default Disconnecting Problem with internet

Sorry again everyone but i have a new problem,
    For some reason right now my computer cannot go on the net within 2 minutes when I start my computer. I am connected at a university's t3 line so the connection is on 24/7, if my roomate's comp is on with internet I am on with internet. Internet Explorer keeps on getting cannot connect to server message. I know this is wrong because sites for example: www.google.com, www.asus.com, and www.windows.com are not usually down and checked on my roomate's comp to see if they are down. Right now using Service pack 2 the internet loads really slow. The error i get is "This page cannot be displayed" and "cannot connect to server". If anyone knows what my computer may have a problem with, can anyone please give me any suggestions? Thankyou for everyone that helped me before, and I would appreciate it if anyone would continue from helping me this time ^^. Thankyou again all I will take any suggestions that you guys have in mind.

Default Re: Disconnecting Problem with internet

How are you hooked up to the network? You say that when your friend is on the net so are you; but does this mean you're networked to his machine? If so it is likely internal settings for the small home networked you've created. Also, if this is the method you're using, then I would recommend buying a small 4-port switch to handle the networking chores as you won't be restricted by the settings of your friend's machine. Give us a little info and we'll help where we can.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information