Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: print spooler error

Default Re: print spooler error

try this go to command promt
    net start spooler

or

"sc config spooler depend= RPCSS"

Quote Originally Posted by Speleonate
    A 1068 is a service dependency error. Print Spooler can't start because it thinks a service it depends on is not running.

Click: start-run-"services.msc"

Go into services and check its dependencies, it should just be the RPC service, which you shouldn't be able to stop, check that RPC is running

Double click print spooler and click the dependencies tab. See if there are any other dependencies set besides rpc. If so you will want to find them in services and make sure they are set to automatic and are running (will probably need to start them).

Then try to start "Print Spooler" service, should work. May need to reinstall printer drivers then.

I too had the same problem and now it works. I did some registry cleaning a week ago and must have deleted something I needed...

The above advice works like a charm!!! Thanks Speleonate

Hello, I have the same problem when trying to start Printer Spooler service, and I did check to see if RPC is running, and it is.. however I am still getting error 1068 when I try to start print spooler. Also when trying to install drivers off of a printer site.. (which is used for my job) I am getting an error code 1722 ..... I tried several other things, one of which was editing the registry to make sure all printers that were installed were uninstalled, so the registry is clean of old printer drivers. It is a network printer that the person is trying to install..Btw. He is not able to install any network printer.. which more than likely has to do with print spooler not starting... If anyone has any ideas the help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is in reference to my last post, I did find the fix for the printer issue I was having which was running (start, run) regsvr32 wintrust.dll, which started the printer spooler from the registry, and the person was then able to install the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by biggs
    I formated my friends pc and installed XP on it and ever since then i could not get the printer to work im getting an error thats states the printer spool is not responding then i tryed to turn on ther printer spool from the service menu and im getting a error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Speleonate
    A 1068 is a service dependency error. Print Spooler can't start because it thinks a service it depends on is not running.

Click: start-run-"services.msc"

Go into services and check its dependencies, it should just be the RPC service, which you shouldn't be able to stop, check that RPC is running

Double click print spooler and click the dependencies tab. See if there are any other dependencies set besides rpc. If so you will want to find them in services and make sure they are set to automatic and are running (will probably need to start them).

Then try to start "Print Spooler" service, should work. May need to reinstall printer drivers then.

I too had the same problem and now it works. I did some registry cleaning a week ago and must have deleted something I needed...
    w00t thanks this advice fixed this problem I was having as well.... Apparently something called Lex BCE server had gotten disabled which print spooler is dependant on.

Quote Originally Posted by dinadur
    w00t thanks this advice fixed this problem I was having as well.... Apparently something called Lex BCE server had gotten disabled which print spooler is dependant on.
    I had the Exact same problem. Lex BCE is from a Lexmark printer that I had installed the day before. I uninstalled it, but Lex BCE is still on the computer. Question is, how do I get rid of it without messing up the spooler?

Smile Re: print spooler error

I changed my startup program to selective and shut down all non essential programs and in the process the windows command that controls the dependency group or service was disengaged or stopped. Well, to fix the problem I simply typed msconfig in the run window and found the file coommands that may have been this command and restarted my PC and the problem was solved. I also have a new Lexmark and I think this starup command is essential in order for printer to work.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyWilson
    I had the Exact same problem. Lex BCE is from a Lexmark printer that I had installed the day before. I uninstalled it, but Lex BCE is still on the computer. Question is, how do I get rid of it without messing up the spooler?
    Thank you so much!!!! I had tried every other suggestion -- this was the ticket!

I just wanted to thank Drew 277! Yesterday, i brought a new printer from CompUsa and when I tried to install the software, it received error 1068. I called Microsoft, HP, and tried the internet for solutions. HP was great, the rep walked me through the process by none of her suggestions worked. When I searched the web, I found solutions but none of them worked except for yours. my print spooler had 2 dependencies and 1 of them wasnt on. I followed your advice and the print spooler worked. thanks you saved me from going to a repair shop. thanks you. youre the man!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information