Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Printer Spooler service not running please help

Default Printer Spooler service not running please help

I admit I havenít done a search witch I should have done but I need this Information quick. I know my spelling/grammar is bad and Iím sorry about that too. I have recently go an Ipod and I have a printer In a usb port and one In the parallel port a and I took out the one In the usb port to use my Ipod and ever since then nothing was able to print.. every time I try to print It says to please add a printer and I go to setting >> printer and faxes and my two printers are still hooked up but when I try to do anything with them like look at the properties I get a error message reading Printers at the top and the message Is Operation could not be complete. The print spooler service Is not running. Can you guys help me out and tell me what I can do to fix this
    Last edited by bigDman; 10-23-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Default Re: Printer Spooler service not running please help

START... SETTINGS.. CONTROL PANEL.. ADMINSTRATIVE TOOLS... SERVICES...

scroll down to the print spooler service and start it up again.. make sure the startup type is set to automatic..

Default Re: Printer Spooler service not running please help

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    START... SETTINGS.. CONTROL PANEL.. ADMINSTRATIVE TOOLS... SERVICES...

scroll down to the print spooler service and start it up again.. make sure the startup type is set to automatic..
    Thank you DigitalDD for this response to the problem by the bigDman on 10-22-2004 re. his "Printer Spooler service not running" alert message. I got the same problem show up yesterday and your response saved my day today. I got to it via the Smart Computing Q&A Board.

Again, Thanks, DigitalDD

Thread Information