Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: monitor issues

Post monitor issues

hey, i'm not sure if this is the right forum but i'm a n00b. anyway umm i have a monitor and the green colour in it seems to keep dying and then eventually coming back for a bit before dying again. i was wondering if this was fixable? or is this monitor ready for the rubbish bin? {the red and the blue colours are working fine} can anyone help?

Default Re: monitor issues

If it just started doing it and your sure it has nothing to do with your video card or monitor cable then I'm guessing a filter is going bad on your monitor.

Do you have the right drivers installed for your monitor or are you just using the Windows Plug and Play monitor drivers?
    Last edited by Spongebob; 12-07-2004 at 12:32 AM.

As Spongebob hinted at above, test the monitor on another system to make sure it is the culprit and not the video board. If you discover it is indeed the monitor, you're better off just scapping it and getting a new one. As with most modern PC components, they are really not made for ease in fixing. Call it the modern disposable world, but it usually costs nearly as much (and in some cases more) to fix a part than replace it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

mmm thanks, i'll try downloading a driver for it rather than the windows default cause i've tried it on 2 other towers and it does the same thing. if that doesnt work i guess i'll be in the market :) thanks

Thread Information