Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STOP message during gameplay

Question STOP message during gameplay

hi there! i'm new here in the forums and i thought that i'd share to you my problem.

here are my PC's specs...

processor: P4 2.40 GHz (533MHz FSB)
    MoBo: Foxconn 648FX4MR-ES (3PCI 2DDR AGP8x)
    Vid card: ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128MB AGP8x
    Memory: 512MB PC400 DDR SDRAM
    HDD: Seagate 40GB 7200RPM

now everytime i play a game (whether it be NBA Live 2004/2005, NFS underground 2), after some time during the game (usually after 10-20 minutes), my PC will automatically restart. now, i did the thing with my computer wherein i turned off the "restart my computer on system failure". once i turned this off, STOP messages appear (pretty scary...) like
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

i've already tried a few things but to no avail...

a. updated my display driver (same result; it even frequented the crashing!)
    b. reformatted my PC (same result)

take note that it only happens when i play video games. everything is normal when i'm not playing anything... i sent my video card back to my vendor and they tested it for one whole day. no flaws/reboots according to them.

also, i am not sure if this could be an issue, but during BIOS my memory frequency is 200MHZ (im using a 512mb pc3200 (400 MHz) DDR SDRAM ).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Default Re: STOP message during gameplay

Ok well firt thought was overheating, a lot of CPU's shut them selves down after they hit a certain temperature, and as games use CPU cycles more than say... internet browsing, it would heat up you CPU a bit more, see if you can give us some temps... I have had this problem once when my heasink was a little loose, some new Artic Silver 5 on there and I was good to go.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

do you use onboard sound or have a soundcard? in which pci slot is it?

what STOP error are you getting? 0x0000???

go to start>all programs>accesories>system tools>system information
    check for any IRQ conflicts.

the memory/bios thing is that its really running at 400mhz the memory, but its split into 2 when it reads to bios & front side bus. 2x200 = 400mhz.
    My rig:
    amd athlon xp 2500+ barton core @2.16GHZ (180mhz 12x)
    cooler master x-dream(with cooler master high performance thermal compound)
    mobo: asus a7n8x deluxe
    512mb of ddr pc-3200
    radeon 9500 pro
    pctv tuner card
    antec 5.1 speakers
    antec case with 5 80mm fans
    430 watts psu
    15" monitor @ 1024*768 32bit 70hz
    48x cd-rom, 52x24x52x cdrw
    2x 160gbs 7200 rpm 8mb buffer maxtor hdd
    win xp pro with sp1a
    all drivers updated

"They say that when you run a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices... But that's nothing - When you run it forwards it installs Windows"

i ahve an onboard sound card...

yup, i get that 0x0000... error message... i'll check the IRQ conflicts later coz i'm not on my PC...

thanx for the info on the memory/FSB thing

Quote Originally Posted by Amd_Lover2004
    Ok well firt thought was overheating, a lot of CPU's shut them selves down after they hit a certain temperature, and as games use CPU cycles more than say... internet browsing, it would heat up you CPU a bit more, see if you can give us some temps... I have had this problem once when my heasink was a little loose, some new Artic Silver 5 on there and I was good to go.
    oh.. ok.. i actually checked it up last night while tinkering m BIOS... CPU TEMP-51 degrees...

oh, and do you think i should enable the "shut down" thingy when my CPU reaches a specific temperature?

That might be a good idea, unless your like me and have a program that shows you your temps no matter what you are doing, even during games. Appears in the top corner, can't remember what it is called(my buddy installed it on my comp...) But in any case I would suggest it yes. In case you forget to check it and it gets to... say 80...

Im not to sure how well your particular CPU handels temps but, I knoe that I would never alow any of my computers to reach 51C.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Quote Originally Posted by megidoflare
    oh.. ok.. i actually checked it up last night while tinkering m BIOS... CPU TEMP-51 degrees...

oh, and do you think i should enable the "shut down" thingy when my CPU reaches a specific temperature?
    That temp is not to bad but I wouldn't worry about enabling the overheat shut down as your CPU will start to automatically throttle itself down once core temps get to around 75C and if throttling doesn't help temps then the CPU will shut itself down.

oh.. thanx wayout... i'll try that...

i was actually thinking of maybe replacing my video card, but the vendor said that it had no problems (remember that i sent it back to them for a 1-day test run).

besides the video card and probably some MEMORY issues, i have no idea what's the deal with my PC...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne™

go to start>all programs>accesories>system tools>system information
    check for any IRQ conflicts.
    hey, how will i know if i have any IRQ conflicts? under "System Summary >> Hardware Resources >> IRQs", all Statuses are OK.

hey... here are the things in my System Info as you requested...
    Attached Images Attached Images STOP message during gameplay-system_info1-jpg 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information