Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then nothing

Default Re: Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Amd_Lover2004
    ..... something like your problem is rarely a mobo problem, it usualy a HDD or PSU problem (user error is also common).
    Often due to Overclocking aswell.
    I guess that's what scares me. I would hate to send this board back just to get another one and have the same thing happen, but I don't know what else to do. My HDD works in my other computer and I can't see anything about this board that would not make it work.

I've gotten to the point now that I am able to boot from CD, so I started to install XP again. All went well until the computer has to restart so that setup can continue. When that happens, I again get the hangup at "Verifying...." because of some unknown conflict between the board and the PSU. The last computer build I did, I didn't have any issues at all, just plugged everything in and it booted right up.

I just checked to see if I got a response from GigaByte's tech support and I did. They said to put both the CD-RW and HDD on the same IDE cable and try it. If that doesn't work, try another HDD and IDE cables. Well, I guess I'll give it a shot. Will have to find another HDD though and try it. Any ideas why my current, works perfectly fine, hard drive wouldn't work, though? Doesn't make sense to me.

I cant be sure what you are trying to ask in your last sentence. I was going to say try a new IDE cable aswell, but they beet me to it I suppose.

Try loading failsafe defaults in your bios that usualy works, It resets everything but your clock, leave it like that untill you get everything sorted out if possable.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Are the drives jumpered properly?

I'm just wondering why my hdd, which is UltraATA and does work properly, wouldn't work with a mobo that is supposedly compatible with UltraATA. I tried swapping IDE cables also, tried both the new set that was in the box and the set I have in my other computer. The jumper for the hdd is set as master. I also tried it in cable select setting with the drive on the last IDE connector. When I had both the hdd and CD on one cable, as per Gigabyte's recommendation, I set the hdd as master and the CD as slave. Tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and buy a new hard drive (which I did not want to have to do right now, but it's the only option left), I just pray it works. If not, this mobo will get rma'd and I most likely won't be buying another Gigabyte product.

Bought a new SATA hdd yesterday and got it installed. Finally, the computer boots up and I got XP installed. Still don't understand why the other hdd didn't work, though. I'll connect the other drive and see if it prevents the computer from booting up when it's not a boot drive. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I'm still not sure about this mobo though because I've got another issue, this time with the keyboard. I'll start a new thread for this one though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information