Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then nothing

Angry Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then nothing

Installed my new GigaByte GA-K8NXP-SLI mobo with AMD 64 3000+ CPU, 1 stick of 512MB DDR 400 memory, and MSI GeForce 6600GT in a new case with a new 500 watt PSU that has 32A on +5, 20A on +3.3, and 28A on +12. I'm using my old floppy drive, Seagate 20GB Ultra ATA/100 HDD and CD-RW.

For some reason, during boot-up, the system is hanging up at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...". I connect the hard drive, floppy and CD drive to the older computer and it all works perfectly. I tried swapping the memory, clearing the CMOS, using different IDE cables, and changing settings in the BIOS. If I disconnect the hard drive and just leave the floppy and CD, the system will boot but only if I boot to the floppy. Once booted, the CD drive is recognized. But when I connect the hard drive, then I just get hung up again.The BIOS does recognize the hard drive. Any ideas? I searched all over here and on the internet and the only thing I can come up with is possibly a bad mobo, especially considering that the hard drive works just fine in the other computer. Of course, how can it be a bad mobo if it does recognize everything and allows access to the CD drive from a floppy boot. I'm pulling my har out trying to figure it out. I've got 4 brand new games sittin' here and I can't even play them.

Default Re: Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then nothing

Did you do a clean install of the OS after you got everything together or did you just move the harddrive from one computer to the other?
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Yes it sounds like he did just move the HDD straight over without a clean install of the os.

At first, I did just move the hard drive over to the new computer. Then, I formated the hard drive and reinstalled XP. Still didn't work!

I had a problem(and still do occationaly) where the molexconector gets a bad connection and cuts out or does not work at all unless you move it around a bit, Also since you dont really have anything on the HDD try installing it over dinner or something just to test the possability of a bad install.

You could also try updating the BIOS, I know, I know, you cant get into windows to do it, you dont need to... Use another computer, goto the Gigabyte website and download the latest bois update and put it on a floppy disc. Once made go into your bios and press F8 or F9 and it will take you to the Dual Bios/Q Flash screen, insert the floppy and select load bios from floppy, select the proper file(your mobo model# followed by bois version) and wait for it to update, then when done, click save to cmos and press ESC and the Enter. And you are done.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

I have the latest BIOS version installed, but perhaps I'll try to reinstall it. I've also tried several different molex connectors but to no avail. I just sent Gigabyte a message so hopefully they'll respond soon. I hate to return the mobo without knowing exactly what's going on cause who knows, I may get another one and have the same problem.

Are you sure you have the hd plugged into channel 0 and the cdrom in channel 1?

Tom P.

Yes, I'm sure. Perhaps the markings are wrong on the mobo so maybe I'll switch them around and try again. I reinstalled the BIOS, but still no go. When I was reinstalling it, A message came up that said:

Checksum = F100
    Do you want to continue

I went ahead and continued with the install, then it said that the install passed. So what is "Checksum = F100"? Since this is a Dual BIOS model mobo, I reinstalled both the main and backup BIOS, received the Checksum with both, and have tried booting with both. Gigabyte hasn't replied to my tech support question yet, so I guess I'll try to get a replacement, maybe go with a different manufacturer though, if I can.

Unless I hear from Gigabyte by Monday, I'm going to rma this board. Should I give Gigabyte another try or go with someone else? I'm not too impressed with Gigabyte right now. Unfortunately, if I go with another make, I'll have a 15% restocking fee applied.

Gigabyte tech support will only tell you to reset CMOS in my experiance, I find Gigabyte my faverite brand as far as features go, something like your problem is rarely a mobo problem, it usualy a HDD or PSU problem (user error is also common).
    Often due to Overclocking aswell.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information