Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: no cd rom then no hard drive !!

Default no cd rom then no hard drive !!

I loaded up Wind.XP Proff. after which the dvd/cd rom was missing from explorer, also missing from device manager.... Panic
    I went to the bios and I asked it to boot from the cd drive, it worked, therefor cd rom does work. Then I asked it to boot with the windows cd and tried to reload windows.... it then told me that it could not detect the hard drive????? Please help if anyone can

Default Re: no cd rom then no hard drive !!

w00t 1st post here!

Are you saying that you installed XP and then your CD drive wasn't being detected by Windows but it is in the BIOS, you then booted it to try and reinstall XP but then it couldn't find your hard drive?

If this is correct, at this point all I can say is maybe a BIOS update and some new cables. Also check the jumper settings on the rear of the drive.

Default Re: no cd rom then no hard drive !!

If you are still having the problem try this. go to start right click on my computer, left click on manage and see if your cd drive is listed. If it is it might say disabled if so click on it and enable it. it should show up then.

Thread Information