Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New system won't boot

Default New system won't boot

I have just put together a new system with a Shuttle motherboard (AB60R); P4 processor (2.8GHZ); 512MB ram; GE Force AGP video card; CD Rom (2); HDD (160Gb) ... unit powers up; lights on; but nothing appears on the monitor. I've reset the cmos; reset the video card; tried a second video card ... but nothing happens. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Default Re: New system won't boot

What power supply is it using?

Also listen for beep codes and check to make sure your monitor\cable are in good working contidition.

I am having the same exact problem, except here is what ive done, and still nothing.... I have disconected the floppy/dvdrom and hardrive.... checked my video card, checked my ram(made sure it was in correctly), i made sure the CPU was heating up correctly, everything seems to be fine, i just cant figure out why i cant even get to the BIOS. If anyone could help me, i seriously would do 4 backflips in a row... i have connected, reconnected and disconnected everything i can think of, i checkd the jumpers, i just dont know what else i can do.

edit: When i boot up, i get NO beeps, no bad smells, no smoke, fans run and hard disk boots up and spins correctly, all the LEDs are on.. i just dont know what wrong anymore
    Last edited by gslick25; 11-17-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Thread Information