Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentium D and Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe powering off

Default Re: Pentium D and Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe powering off

Here's another one:

P4 3.7ghz Extreme Edition 1066mhz fsb
    P5N32-SLI MoBO
    2 512 sticks of matched Crucial RAM
    2 Maxtor 300GB Hard Drives in RAID 0
    2 Gigabyte GeForce 6800 GT's in SLI
    1 Pioneer DVD R/RW Dual Layer
    550w Antec Neo HE psu

Originally built the machine on the P5ND2-Deluxe motherboard. Had problems when I enabled SLI in the Nvidia control panel and played games. Thing would shut down after like 5 minutes. If I only enabled one card it worked fine even though the second card was installed and powered. I did have intermittent boot up and flakey LAn problems though. Changed the Hard Drives, Reformatted multiple times, swapped psu's from the original Antec True 480 ro the PC P&C 510 SLI and nothing changed the problem. Even tweaked vcore settingg to no avail.

I finally decided to upgradde to the P5N32-SLI thinking that the boot up and LAN problems might suggest a problem there plus I wanted dual 16x slots. Well I found out the need for the 8 pin 12v connector and went to Frys to but the Neo Power HE. Put it all together and the damn thing shuts off after like 5 minutes. Cant even get into Windows setup.

Could this really be a power problem? The shutdown seems to be quicker the more you keep trying to refire the board suggesting a heat related problem. I've also tried unplugging everything but the motherboard power and video card but it still shuts off. Has anyone else had luck moving to a 600+ watt psu? I'd really go nuts if I bought my 4th psu and it still didnt work.

-Photonic

Switched to an Enermax Liberty 620 and had the box running for an hour and a half today. Seems like the problem is fixed but during all the testing I seem to have fried my primary PCie slot. If I try to start up the machine with a vid card in that slot I get nothing but a Long and three short beeps. Switching to the secondary slot allows the machine to boot fine.

ok heres the thing
    i installed a Zalman Heat Fan over the CPU and used the silver heatsink paste over it.
    the machine has not caused any trouble for almost a month now.
    then only issue i have is that my second dvd drive doesnt appear sometimes in my hardware properties, so i have scan for hardware and it pops up, i still have not found a solution for that
    but now the pc runs quiter and much smoother
    by the way here are my specs

ASUS P5N32 SLI Deluxe MOBO
    Pentium D 840 3.2 GHz
    2 Gigs PQI Turbo ram DDR2
    300 GB Hard Drive
    Geforce 7800 GT
    2 Optical Drives
    Powered by Silverstone 600Watts of power
    Zalman CNPS9500 LED Fan
    Last edited by quaan; 01-20-2006 at 11:30 AM.

RMA'd the motherboard, got a new one and things have been working smoothly for the past month and a half.... Damn quirky power problems.

I seem to have fried my primary PCie slot. If I try to start up the machine with a vid card in that slot I get nothing but a Long and three short beeps.
    could the primary and secondary slots have been mixed up?
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul
    could the primary and secondary slots have been mixed up?
    You mean me mixing them up? Nope, they are color coded and I would have to totally disregard the manual to mess that up. If you mean the bios somehow swapping them, which I doubt is physically possible, I'll never know. Got a new one in exchange and its all good now.
    Last edited by photonic; 02-24-2006 at 03:07 AM.

I have the same problem guys. Here are my specs:

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
    Pentium D 830
    Antec TPII-550 PSU
    Corsair PC2 5400 1 gb memory
    2 WDC WD3200KS hard drives (Raid 0)
    2 eVGA 7800gt's (identical)

My computer powers down having SLI enabled while gaming. It also shuts down anytime I try to do a benchmark program like 3dmark or Aquamark. After a power down, I usually have to boot into safe mode and disable the 2nd video card. I disable SLI and everything is fine. The computer runs great without SLI :(

Is there a concrete solution for this? Or do I need to RMA my motherboard?

Thanks,
    Mike

I put in an RMA request to ASUS...sending this pos back to them!

Oh No!!!!

Just bought an ASUSP5N32 SLI De Luxe 2nd hand at a good price and now I find this problem. It seems the seller was having the same problem. Said that when he checked the CPU voltage was 1 volt less than that actually set.

This sound to me like a PSU problem..maybe coupled with a heat problem. Has ANYBODY out there got this thing working properly yet.

I have to buy a new power supply anyway so I might as well buy something that looks like it can cope with the needs of the board. Any suggestions? I'd better make sure I get the heat issue covered at the same time.

As I did not really buy it for the SLI feature maybe I'll be lucky and by the time I decide to use SLI some genius will have solved the problems...

Come on ASUS!!!

Has anyone been able to figure this issue out yet? I currently own a Pentium D 930 (3.0 ghz) 65nm chip and i wanted to buy this board. I was looking to buy the Antec TP-II 550 550W EPS12V/ATX12V PSU which is sli ready and has the 8pin adaptor but i saw somoene on here still has the problem with that. So how do i get this thing working 100% on the 930 series chip? Even though its not what i want should i just go for the asus p5wd2 board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information