Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ati issue

Default Re: Ati issue

Well they provide a heat sink that would barely get the job done. The card temps goes as high as 89C on stock cooling, and this is based on a computer that is put next to a window that sucks in cold air. Also if it voids warranty why don't you just put the stock one back on and then return it. They have no way of finding out. That or you can lower the clock speeds on your video card, but why would you want to do that?

My Stock cooler is not giving me the max fan power. I could buy the artic cooler later but for some odd reason the stock fan does not go faster in gaming. I heard of a driver that can control the speed of it. Any help on this?

If it doesn't go faster, i don't think a program would help. Even when the fan goes faster, you still will overheat.

Download ATITOOL and it will allow you to speed up the stock fan. Contrary to what asianbatman says, the stock cooler works well, it is just noisy when the fan is going full speed. You can also set the exact temps for when the fan speeds up so you don't have to listen to the fan all the time. I have an X850 XT PE and it NEVER got over 60C when I was gaming for hours on end when I set the fan to come on full speed. In fact, it usually stayed around 50C. But like I said, it was LOUD!!!

Here is the link for ATITOOL:

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

It is pretty much self explanitory and that program will also help you overclock that card as well. That card WILL NOT OVERHEAT when you use this.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

I purhcased and installed the artic cooler fan for this but the same problem persists. I bet the fan is not going loud like the with the stock fan. This happened twice and could it be the fan control is in the bios? I did use that atitool but it said it was a lot cooler but in reallity it wasn't. THat tool could help but the card is not working real well. 40 is the highest for somepeople but 40 is the lowest for me. Could the card not be compatible now since i have done a lot to bring ati as a friend such as exchange the card, buy the better fan, try the drivers and updated and everything. I want to call ati but they are on vacation.With the new fan and the stock fan the fan is not going fast enough and its reaching 62 celcuis? and this is runnig a 2 year old game of battlefield? This is defentily not the actual fan but the fan controller.could it be the mother board not compatible? and how does upping the ram have anything to do with this. well thanks for trying guys but ati has caused a big one here

I want to say something is wrong with your card. My X850 never ran the way you are describing yours. I never had heat issues. If I were you, I would contact ATI support and submit a support ticket. Even with the stock cooler, I was able to get better temps, and with a ATI Silencer, you should definitely not have heat issues.

What motherboard are you running? I doubt it is the problem, but who knows.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Howdy all, new to the forum, but I thought I'd mention a very similar issue I'm having. I have been to hell and back for the last month trying to get my computer working. I bought a new motherboard and vid card and they didn't work. After a lot of fussing it turned out that it was a bunk motherboard, but I had been fallaciously told that it was my Gvid card (it was a Radeon 9800SE) and so I decided to go a little wild and sell the 9800SE to some unsuspecting dupe (who actually got a working card despite my worst intentions) and buy a Radeon X850 Pro card.

I just got a new mobo, reinstalled my system and everything seemed to be running well, but I have noticed that whenever I run Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 2, the games will eventually crash. It is usually after maybe 10 minutes. The screen goes blank, the sound cuts out, there's a microsecond of blue screen of death and then auto reboot.

I ran BF2 in single player mode (less system resources needed I presume) and it didn't freeze (but I also quit playing after a few minutes). I have also run civilization 4 for hours with no issues. I am about to try running COD2 in safe mode and turning the graphics way down in BF2 just to see if it could be a PSU issue when I overutilize the card. It runs great when it's running.

In other quick news I have an AMD XP 3700+, 2x512MB RAM, x850 Pro, 500W ATX PSU w/ 28A at 12V. I don't really have many other peripherals running (a DVD drive) and my computer is in a cooler master case and I have run the temp utilities and seem to be running at reasonable temps.

I have read on a number of forums that it is likely a PSU issue, but I just checked the specs on ym PSU and it runs 28A at 12V. Anyone know if that is kosher for a heavy duty vid card?

Sorry for the long post, but my issue seems to by related to Zanzibars, and it is surely as frustrating

So cheers Zanzibar, hope you find this helpful or at least can enjoy some solidarity. And thanks to anyone who can help poor old me too.

My mother board is P4 Titan Series 875P chipset
    Also could bios update help this out?
    I am sure to contact ati but they are partying till January first so its up to you guys. For the ones who have it working did you just plug the power switch to the back and it worked fine? Strange the same problem on two new cards? Any similar issues with temperature control.

Thanks everyone for your help. With the help of you guys, my friend, and gigabyte I decided to buy a new power supply. With my new Power supply it is running great and PLEASE if you see a Hercules power supply stay back. It doesn't have a website and seems like the company disapeared.

Thanks and take it easy guys

Because of the heafty cost. The majority run without burning down, so why bother wasting money on some aftermarket cooler on their part? That would just make the general price rise (and probably a good bit). You have the manufacturers costs, the shipping costs, the third party costs, and the profit margin. And probably a few more. While thinking a decent $30 cooler won't jack up the price, you'll have to think economically. Nvidia, along with others do the same thing. My 6800GT would barely run without the Silencer on it. Changed it. Fixed heat problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information