Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ati issue

Default Ati issue

hello, specs:Windows Xp300 gig Hd primary80 gig secondary1 gig ram ddr 450 power supplydvd romdvd rw/cdrwati x850 xt4 80mm fansI have just recently purchased a Ati x850 Xt and everything was going good. I can leave the computer on carefree chat and web surf perfectly. But when i tried to play battlefield Vietnam(repeatedly and all around same time), I would play for five minutes and then it would automatically reboot with no error screen and no blue screen. Could this be a calling that i need a new power supply?Or is the card damaged?thanks for the help and any comments would be appretiated.</PRE>

Default Re: Ati issue

If your power supply is a quality one, then ods are good you are experiencing a heating problem. Even with 4 fans, you can have issues if they are not set up correctly or if you have too much cable clutter for them to do much good. Remeber to have the intake fan(s) set up in the lower front portion of the case and have the higher ones set in the rear as exhaust. This allows heat's natural ability to rise to aid in the cooling efforts. If you have a fan mounted in the side panel, have it as an intake. This blows cooler outside air to the processor and video components of the system and helps out a great deal. Also make sure that the fan on your X850 board is working properly. I've been hearing some stories around that the stock fans don't work well, and even when they do work they are running at a slower speed and are not very effective. If this is the case, you might want to get an aftermarket VGA cooler that is designed to work on the X850 series boards and see if that improves things.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

The power supply that i have is Hercules 450 W Maximum, but my fans are set up the way stated. I am not sure this 450 W is enough even though i tried a calcultor on the web.

What kind of processor is your system using?

well it might be the fan on your video card i had to buy a new fan for my x800xl it was getting past 80 c i put a zalmen fan on it and now it rarely gets over 45c even over clocked i was having quite the same problem except mine was rebooting my viedo card would just turn off. I dont know it could be your processor also if its terribly slow or its over heating i dont really know but hope i helped u out some how

My processor is P4 3.2 ghz and it seems more of a fan problem. Well I looked at the fan on the video card and it doesn't run faster when I am playing a game. THe temperature is about 40 celcius on windows normally using internet or playing movies, but gaming shouldn't the fan go faster so it can cool more? I noticed it stayed constant and its getting too hot. Checking right now the air flow is cool but its possible that it turns off or weakens when playing a game. Is this possible?

thanks

I had the same problem with BF:V. My system temps were fine. Even the VGA was cool. It was a RAM problem for me. Upped the voltage slightly and everything ran fine. I also had the same problem with all EA games in fact. Their software just isn't that stable. Get on google and you'll read more than enough problems with that game. Try playing with the RAM a little. It helped me at least. Good luck.

The problem has persisted. I exchanged the x850 for a new one and still it overheats? Should i go with Nvidia? Its the fan that is not going fast enough and the temp skyrockets. Could putting more ram help this system?Need help or will just return the card since ATi can't make a card without burning a whole in someones motherboard.

The x850 has a really crappy heatsink, you can try and buy a artic cooler, because the vid temp is definitely the problem.

If I buy a artic cooler and install, does this void the warrrenty? I have been researching this alot and found out that the stock fan for the x850 series is pretty bad. Why would ati give such a bad cooling support with the hefty cost of it already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information