Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My Vaio is acting up

Angry My Vaio is acting up

I have a Vaio PCV-RS310 (pentium 4) and just recently everytime I press the power button a screen pops up and says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start properly. A recent Hardware or Software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding,restarted suddenly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent setting tha it worked.

If a previous setup was inturupted by a power failure, or because the power or resest button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose Run windows Normally.

-Safe Mode
    -Safe Mode with Networking
    -Safe Mode with Command Prompt

-Last Known Good Configuration (The last time it ran normally)

-Run Windows Normally

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I havent changed any hardware or software and my computer was now restarted or turned off by accident. All of those reasons mean nothing to me. But yet, everytime I choose a reason my screen will show the windows XP loading screen then just restart.

I am so angry and don't know what to do, if anyone can help me i will be so greatful

Default Re: My Vaio is acting up

umm you can try clearing the cmos or just do normal and load it up. ill get back to u on this

Default Re: My Vaio is acting up

try testing your ram with memtest86. its possible that you have duff ram that gays when booting windows.
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Thread Information