Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer turns on, but nothing is on the screen, PLEASE HELP!?

Angry Nothing on screen. PLEASE HELP!?

Hi,

I'm having a little problem. I put together a HP E-PC E-VECTRA c10. I did everything right, all the parts fit in perfectly. I plugged it into the wall socket and it immediately went on. I tried to turn it off by pressing the button, but it wouldn't turn off. All the lights went on for a split sencond, or so, like they're supposed to (CDRW drive, Power light and Hard Drive light). It sounds like the hard drive was running okay at first, then it stopped and wouldn't do anything. The monitor was blank. Would putting too much thermal grease make nothing work? Please help me I can't figure out what went wrong.

Thank you,
    Rachelle
    Last edited by chichow; 04-11-2006 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Too long.

Default Re: Computer turns on, but nothing is on the screen, PLEASE HELP!?

Did you upgrade your ram lately and if you did have you tried clearing the cmos?

AMD x2 64 4400
    2gig ram
    160 gig hd 10000
    6800gs 2
    550 watt ULTRA

Hi,

What's 'cmos'?

It's supposed to have 128MHz integrated SDRAM. Would I still need to get a memory card for it?

I bought the HP E-PC as a barebones kit. I bought the CDRW, hard drive, CPU and power supply. When I plugged in the computet, it came on. When I tried to turn it off, by pressing the button, it wouldn't go off. Their was nothing on the monitor, and the power light was amber instead of green. The CDRW and the hard drive went on okay, when I plugged it in, but they wopuldn't do anything else.

Thank you,
    Rachelle

Do you have a link to the barebones kit that you bought? The "128 integrated" possibly refers to an onboard video card .... you may still need ram.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

hahaha that would be funny maybe hes right

6. Default Re: Computer turns on, but nothing is on the screen, PLEASE HELP!?

I've never heard of integrated ram. A google search turned up almost nothing. An integrated 128 video card would be logical. Besides, todays' computers need a lot more than 128 of ram to run well, even if it has a p3. I looked up some of the details and it says that there is a 128 ram upgrade. Maybe, but I don't know much about that. Either way, to increase performance, get more ram or get some ram.

Thread Information