Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Battlefield 2

Exclamation Battlefield 2

hi,

i was wondering if anybody could offer me some advice as to why battefield 2 keeps crashing.

first of all most of the time i load the game up start a game and after a few mintues of playing my computer restarts

some times though it just exits to desktop with no error message,
    my system spec is as follows

1.8 AMD athlon 2000 + XP
    1 gig of ram
    Geforce 6600 GT
    MSI KT6 Delta motherboard
    Sounds Blaster Audigy sound card

After looking around on the internet for a while ive found that one person had a problem with a sound card causeing the same affects that i am getting i dont belive that this is the problem though.

i have once or twice had my PC restart on my when i was browseing the internet i clicked on a link and it restarted.

anyway any veiws as to what these problems maybe please reply

Thank you! :D

Default Re: Battlefield 2

wats your power supply also you have agp right and are you overclocking give me this info and i can help a little more
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach
    AMD Athlon64 3700+ san diego 2.2ghz (oc to 2.8ghz FX57+ speeds)(fsb is 266)
    ASUS A8V Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
    1gb ddr400 Kingston HyperX (2-3-2-6) timings 215mhz (dual-channel)
    BFG 6800gs 256mb agp, with ARCTIC COOLING AVC-NV5R3 NV Silencer Rev.3
    ATX Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
    Seagate sata 80gb harddrive
    Maxtor pata 80gb harddrive
    500watt Rosewill powersupply
    Sound Blaster Live 24-bit
    Custom Water cooling dual 120mm raddiator with a PolarFLO cpu block
    __________________________________________________ _______________

BF2: I would say first off not enough ram, you either need to kill all unecessary background apps or get more ram. I've had BF2 top out at near 1Gb of ram usage on its own, add to that windows and background apps and you're well over 1Gb. Most people solved this problem by upgrading to 2Gb

General crahes (IE): these are no way related to ram, psu could be one avenue but I'd check your temperatures as well, usually a pc restarting is due to heat, overclocking or not enough amps on the 12v rails.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

First of all 2GB of ram is not going to slove his problem BF2 nut, as I play the game regularly without any problems whatsoever with 1GB. Although i recommend you overclock that cpu a little more as i've seen those cpu's do 2.2Ghz.Make shure your motherboard, video card, sound drivers and your system drivers sre up to date. Your system should be able to run that game fairly well at medium settings. Your last resort would be to reformat and put a fresh copy of xp which does wonders.
    My System:
    -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Manchester Em4 Revision
    -Abit KN8-ULTRA
    -X800GTO2 @ X850XT PE (16 pipelines)
    -1024MB PQI TURBO DDR 400 @ (2x512) Dual Channel
    -450W Heavy Duty Rosewill Powersupply
    -Samsung Syncmaster 940BF>>>NEW
    -Seagate 250GB 16MB cache (perpendicular recording) with NCQ...

Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGER
    First of all 2GB of ram is not going to slove his problem BF2 nut, as I play the game regularly without any problems whatsoever with 1GB.......
    Maybe, but at what settings, I am refering to all settings on max
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGER
    ......... nut .........
    ????? WTF ?????

EDIT: @ OP ....... which patch do you have installed, apparently the 1.3 has created some more problems, I haven't installed it yet as I haven't played BF2 for a while, it got kinda sucky real quick.
    Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 04-27-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

my power supply is 550 watts and what do u mean by do i have the agp rite? if u mean the correct power supply to the grahics card, my motherboard is auto set mange the power suooly to it its self, i dont no what it needs. i was overclocking and now ive stopped but the problem stil persists.

ive reformated no end of times.

a friend recommended that it could be my ram?

heres a link to my board:
    http://msicomputer.co.uk/Products.as...3419&cat_id=77

i have ddr4 ram

still clueless on whys it does this.

last crash happened as follow, been gaming for about 4 mins. sound crash s(same sound repeating very fastly) gaming still runing but locked up (my player runs or does what ever the last action was) game frezzes, then i have to restart my pc. this happens all at once

any ideas?

Have you run any software to test your hardware at load??
    I run stress prime (modified prime95) to test CPU and RAM, and ATI tool to test for GPU artifiacts, it works with NVidia cards too.

Get stress prime here..
    http://sp2004.fre3.com/download.htm

If you can run both CPU and RAM stresses overnight with 0 errors and you also do not get any 3d artifacts then you may want to disable your soundcard to see if that solves the problem during gaming.

when i have no sound drivers it works, fine

when i first got the board the on board sound didnt work! iot apeared to play sound but never did? so i bought a sound card now the sound works it just causeing these lock ups :/

i have the lastest drivers for the sound card

link to sound card: http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/UK/product/98938/rb/18648570719

help? lol

flauty sounds card? or maybe flauty motherboard?

on monday i'm going to order a new motherboard.

new motherboard:
    http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/UK/product/104706

good, bad board? cheers
    Last edited by kendalluk; 04-29-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Thread Information