Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Freezing and Rebooting

Unhappy Computer Freezing and Rebooting

Hello. I have been having problems with my computer since it first got put together. It's up and running now but the problem is that the entire PC freezes on me while playing EverQuest or just freezes while looking at web pages & etc.

I know it's not the RAM, I have tested that already. My CPU is fine, but there are lots of wires everywhere all inside the case, mainly from my PS. I was kind of wondering if it had to do with a heat issue, but I really don't know if that would cause it to freeze like it does.

Also, sometimes it will freeze, sometimes blue screen and I don't have time to see what the error message is, and then sometimes it will just restart automatically on it's own...If someone knows something about this and how to fix it, I would GREATLY appreciate it. It's been driving me crazy ever since I got it up and running!!! Thank you!!

Default Re: Computer Freezing and Rebooting

wat is the wattege on your power supply list all your parts and also cheack how hot your computer is
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach
    AMD Athlon64 3700+ san diego 2.2ghz (oc to 2.8ghz FX57+ speeds)(fsb is 266)
    ASUS A8V Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
    1gb ddr400 Kingston HyperX (2-3-2-6) timings 215mhz (dual-channel)
    BFG 6800gs 256mb agp, with ARCTIC COOLING AVC-NV5R3 NV Silencer Rev.3
    ATX Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
    Seagate sata 80gb harddrive
    Maxtor pata 80gb harddrive
    500watt Rosewill powersupply
    Sound Blaster Live 24-bit
    Custom Water cooling dual 120mm raddiator with a PolarFLO cpu block
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Alright, here are my computer specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 4000
    Asus A8N5X Socket 939
    2 gigs Corsair XMS DDR, dual channel
    GeForce 5500 256mb PCI
    Thermaltake PurePower ATX 680W
    Western Digital 100 gig ATA
    Thermaltake Armor series silver ATX full tower

I have another HD that is 250gigs, but I am not sure of how to get the SATA working yet...My current HD is kind of old now, but it's still letting me do things, I guess. My computer temp usually runs around anywhere from 31-41C.

u have pci-e right oh and nice computer
    well it looks like everything should be fine

ps: to install sata u have to restart boot up pop in the windows cd then it will say do you want to install raid and it says press f6. press f6 then search for mass storge divice it will tell u to put in a disk and i think you should of got one with your mobo then start up and it it will tell u again to pop in the disk then you should know the rest its all just in stalling the stuff
    i would recomend u put in the hard drive and try to game and do whatever you do and if the problem continues post again

but man ill like your system later on you should update your graphics card if you want to
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach

Hehe thank you for commenting on the computer =) I love it too, but it's gotta be a...well, you know, LOL. Yeah, my hard drive DOES make noise from time to time, so I think it MIGHT be my old HD going bad..So I will try to install the other one soon. And actually, the HD just came by itself...no box, no disk, nothing...just the HD, soo...I guess I will have to get the drivers from somewhere else, if I need to do that.

And I don't have a PCI-E LOL *blush*...I have a slot for one, but I just went out and got a plain PCI card for $150 ugggh, and like a week later, I found out that I could have gotten a PCI-E for like $50 cheaper and they are newer technology and a bit better...O well!! I guess I will upgrade that sometime though hehe.

Well, thank you for your input, if I have more problems with the SATA, I will be coming back...Feel free to post more info if you want!! =)

first off all you paid 150 for your 5500 because i would complain what company is that card from look http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143032 and pci-e is way better than pci because pci-e is ment only for graphics pci is for your basic stuff how many pci devices do you have because i think that might be the problem and as for the hard drive it always comes plain im talking about a disk that should come with your mother board if it didnt because my asus did'nt and i just got my cpu and mobo a week ago you have to put in the cd that came with your mobo and there should be an option for making a disk then again i just saw your board online this is it right http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131569 and its nforce4 i have via also for that mobo are u using that weird slot for graphics just wondering also can u please give me the site for your graphic card ok

ps: my hard drive makes noise that dosn't mean its going bad some hard drives are quite and some aren't
    Zach

Oh yes, another thing about the computer: When I go to open up the Internet Explorer, sometimes it will say "Finding website" at the bottom with a globe, you know, like it's not really connected or something...and sometimes it takes forever for a page to load or it won't load it and say page cannot be displayed.

Just kinda of wondering what that might be all about...maybe it's something with my internet configuration?? I just want to find out how to get this thing running perfectly...if anyone has any suggestions, let me know, thanx!! =)

do u have to restart when this happens and then it will be fine i had that same problem i dont know why once i restrated my computers hd it was fine
    Zach

Hello again!! I have installed the SATA and guess what? As soon as I load up EverQuest & like 3 times, I have frozen up in the game so far...from a fresh start. I even pulled the abundance of cords back into holders so they wouldn't be in the way so much anymore and still...it's gotta freeze on me *sigh*.

Well, I am not really sure what to do now, unless it's a hardware configuration or maybe my game CD is bugged somehow?? Anymore suggestions? Thanx.

Oh and yes, the ONLY way I am able to get my computer "unfrozen", is to hit the restart button...the entire computer freezes. It's driving me crazy!! Someone please help !!!
    Last edited by Pixie; 04-29-2006 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to put a reply to something...

you have pulled out all your pci cards and left the gaphic card in and you still get the problem
    are you sure you have everything that needs to be connected to the power supply connected
    Zach

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information