Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my monitor is broken for the second time

Checked for any driver updates lately.
    Maybe just a reinstall of drivers, could be Windows got a bit fuzzy on those files.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Is this what I get for paying less than 0 for a 19 incher?
    I was able to get my Samsung Syncmaster 950p brand new for 248$ shipped to my door, but I have never heard of the brand RIC??

My monitor does 1600 X 1200 in all the glory of 32 bit, @ 75Hz

I don't buy brand I've never heard of / haven't researched.

Looks like Zeradul is taking yet another opportunity to brag about the deal he got on his Samsung 950p.

Just remember, I got mine cheaper! $230 Shipped punk!

I've seen this happen with other monitors and usually the condition only degrades if nothing is done, and usually the only thing that can be done is having it professionally serviced, which is more expensive than just buying a new monitor.

My best advice is to get on eBay and search for a new monitor.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

c'mon pass on the info! Wherdya get it at?

Actually the manufacturer is Pixie.

I guess I should've done my research instead of buying on first site. It was just to good of a price to pass up on a 19 incher even though the monitors were on the floor of the store instead of on the shelves like the well-known brands were.

This monitor is also quirky; in the manual it doesn't say anything about 1152x864. It just jumps from 1024x768 to 1280x1024. When I asked Pixie about this all they told me was don't use that resolution.

This monitor would be great otherwise. The screen is still bright and sharp and big. I wish I was a monitor fixer.

Yes, that's part of the trade off in buying a cheap monitor.
    Lower quality components fail more quikly/often.
    And warrenty does not include return shipping:mad:

Since you say you don't know what you are looking at inside, close it up, and replace it / or pay a local repair shop for repairs!
    The transformer/capasitors in your monitor are dangorous EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED painful, even FATAL shocks can occur for days or weeks after unplugging.

Ya gotta watch ebay, and be patient and consistant. You need to know how ebay works, and be able to determine which sellers are safe to buy from.

Need I remind "Cord" that I was the finder of the auction that got him his monitor, not only that, I reminded him 3 times to be there for the end of the auction, it wasn't until the monitor was on his desk that he realized how good of a deal it was... :laugh:

That was last December. I got mine in November, and I found a lady selling two of them earlier last fall in Sept. for a different friend who got them both for 275$ shipped each. (I'm a big fan of samsung monitors)

If you need a top notch monitor NOW, get on ebay and pick a Trinitron Model you like. Watch them for a week, you will find one going in your price range. Be there for the last minutes of the auction and SNIPE IT! Samsungs are more rare, and so you have to watch quite a bit longer to get the deal you want (2-3 months+)

Sniping is more of a skill than most would think... lot of variables involved, it just takes practice and experience.

Sound advice there T-Shirt, a monitor can whoop you real bad. Be doggone careful if you just for some reason think you need to be there:no:

And to zeradul, I just love eBay!
    If you use the tools that eBay provides combined with patience it is absolutely amazing what deals you can get.
    I bought a monitor there a few years back, to date it is still the largest purchase I've made there. I was holding my breath till it was delivered.
    But I had the good fortune to have the right seller with the right product at the right time.

It's an ADI Duo -- probably been awhile since you heard of 1 of those huh? :laugh: But I really like it, it's the perfect monitor for me and my workstation.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Ebay has been good to me since I sold a Sony PS2 for $500 there. That was when the PS2 just debuted, the craze was at it's peak, Christmas was on its way.

i paid 49.99 for my 19 inch Viewsonic and it works great...it was brandnew too, not even taken out of its case..baught it off some website..real sweet deal...got free shipping too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information