Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Having a problem with the volume of my speakers.

Default Having a problem with the volume of my speakers.

i've posted this before but the problem is still here, just thought i'd explain in a bit more detail.

So here goes...

I'll be listening to music and my volume randomly drop to less then half its normal level, making maximun volume sound more like medium-low volume, it never drops while im actually listening to a song but lets say I just finished a song and I turn on another one, it will suddenly be barely hearable, after this happens everything else will have low volume also (even though my volume is at absolute maximum), ..so far the only solution is to restart my computer.

I was thinking this may be a problem with iTunes, although as far as I can remeber it has still done this without me having ever opened iTunes. I also don't think this is a speaker problem because the problem is solved (temporarly) if I restart my computer. So far no other solutions seemed to have worked.

Just looking for a solution that might fix this, or someone to tell me what is causing it.

P.S I don't have a sound card, the speaker is plugged directly into the motherboard.

Default Re: Having a problem with the volume of my speakers.

what are your spec, also it is audible not hearable just to be a pain.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

If this has been going on for a long while, you might try looking at the mainboard manufacturer's website for updated drivers. You can also sometimes get updated drivers from WindowsUpdate, but the vendor's will be the best bet.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Are you sure it's not the songs themselves? Some songs can be recorded alot lower then some others.

It's not the songs, they are usually normal volume but occasionally my computer likes to make the volume lower, just to get on my nerves.

Apparetly Asus has website problems, I download the drivers for my Mobo labelled WinXP/2000 and I end up getting the me/98 drivers.

Thread Information