Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Logitech and an old Toshiba

Default Logitech and an old Toshiba

I would really appreciate some help here. I have an anicent Toshiba laptop that was built to run on Windows 98 or NT. The person who gave it to me upgraded it to XP, and I suspect that it's part of my problem. I'm attemting to install a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard onto it, and I can only get it to register the mouse in a certain PS2 port, even after installing the driver, rebooting, and changing the PS2 ports after it didn't work.

Thanks!
    DD
    Mother's computer WIN XP, ect

Life is hard;its harder when you're stupid--John Wayne

Default Re: Logitech and an old Toshiba

I would try installing win 98 to see if that works, I just hope that mouse works with win 98. Most do though. I also noticed that some mice and keyboards have some requirements like 256 mb RAM, I have no idea what that is all about.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Have you updated the motherboard drivers? I've seen a few cases where people updated the O/S and neglected to install the necessary drivers to match the operating system. 128mb of RAM is a bit on the low side for Windows XP but I've seen it used sucessfully on less.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Going to 98 isn't going to fix a thing. Does anything else work in the PS2 port the mouse won't work in?
    Also, go to Toshiba's website and see if you can find the latest drivers for the lappy.

Despite a few attempts, I haven't got a version of 98, and the packaging said it would work on 98 as well.

I haven't updated anything. Frankly, computers are not an area I know much about, and I'm making some attempt to remedy that. I'll check later and see if he upgraded them.

The PS2 port that the mouse works in is also supposed to allow the keyboard to work,...which it doesn't. The other port I used was one that had [...] on it. I'll meander ver to the Toshiba site when I boot it up later.

Thanks all!
    Mother's computer WIN XP, ect

Life is hard;its harder when you're stupid--John Wayne

As amd_man2005 stated reverting to 98 would not help. (....Unless you had the original Toshiba recovery disk.) You would still need to find the proper drivers for your system. http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...su_sc_home.jsp may be a good starting point for research of drivers etc. No garantee that drivers will solve your problem but I should think that it is a good place to start.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I agree with Yawgm0th, just get the drivers, my suggestion was bad.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

If nothing will work in that port, its either a bad port or drivers are the issue. If drivers do not fix it, the port is bad. Why not just plug the mouse or the keyboard into a USB port?

Quote Originally Posted by orangutang91
    I agree with Yawgm0th, just get the drivers, my suggestion was bad.
    Don't bring me into this.

But seriously, what are you talking about? I didn't say anything.

Thread Information