Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Laptop problem

Default Laptop problem

I got this Acer Aspire 5000 laptop that broke so I sent it to acer and they said worked fine except that the dc jack is broken, and it would cost me 500 dollars for them to fix it. screw that. so for a few months, its been a really expensive paperweight because Acer killed the battery after holding onto it for 3 months. I recently got a new battery for it, fully charged. I turn it on and it turns on for about 3-4 seconds and then just shuts itself off, regardless of what I do, which is either entering the bios or just letting it continue the POST. any ideas on how to fix this? Also, I bought a new dc jack for it, but haven't put it in yet. I don't want to open it up until this problem's fixed, unless the broken jack is the problem. but it worked fine before I sent it to Acer.

Default Re: Laptop problem

On my Uniwill 34BS1 (I use that now since my main rig is blown), I just purchased a new DC female plug and a male plug and replaced the plug on the adaptor and the receptacle on the mobo. Be careful of the polarity!

Oh, I used a search engine (Google) to find a teardown guide on my laptop.

I found my teardown here: www.laptoprepairguy.com

But they say that the Acer Aspire 5000 does not exist! are you sure about the model?

http://www.laptoprepairguy.com/index...chbutton=Go%21

Then again, be sure of the polarity! Good Luck!

Default Re: Laptop problem

yeah I've noticed that on othersites too, it lists all the other in the aspire series except the 5000. weird, but yeah, its definitely a 5000.

Thread Information