Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New system crashing on defualt bios settings.

Default New system crashing on defualt bios settings.

If I set my CPU frequency to 210 under JumperFree Configuration in the sytem bios instead of the defualt setting of 200 the system is stable but it lowers the CPU's advertized speed from 2.4 GHz to 2.32GHz. The AI overclock to 5% seems to be the same setting as this but also lowers the speed of the CPU to 2.32 GHz. On other systems I've worked with, the oppisite effect happens and the CPU actually overclocks instead of underclocks. I've tried several CPU frequency settings but on the others I've tried such as 220 the system won't boot. Anyone know what could be the possible cuase of this? Any other setting suggestions I should try?

System specs;
    ASUS M2N-E SLI mainboard with an AMD 4600+ X2 CPU and Gskill ram F2- 6400CL5D-2GB DDR2 800 PC2-6400 CL5-5-5-15 1.8-2.0 v,,. I'm running Win XP pro.

UPDATE----- I found out its the cheap system memory<!-- / message --> that was causing the crash problems. By manually setting the timings and locking the ram in at 667 instead of auto or 800 the system is stable and can be overclocked instead of having the reverse effect when the CPU frequency is raised. I don't think the ram is quite capable of doing what its advertised to do.
    Last edited by Spongebob; 04-10-2007 at 04:19 AM.

Thread Information