Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: winxp restarts when loading

I've had winXP freeze at least once a day ever since I installed it. I also have Hercules Fortissimo2 soundcard which has very buggy drivers and I figured it might have something to do with my OS freezing. I removed the card and am now using the on-board AC97 sound chip so I can eliminate this soundcard problem.

About a couple of days ago, whenever I logon to winXP from a complete power off, instead of it loading to desktop, the system does a cold boot. It's like my PC lost complete power and restarted. The second time around, everything loads fine.

Sounds like a driver issue to me.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Definately a STOP error occurring..... equivalent of a BSOD under Win9x/ME :(

Seems like a driver problem, set your system to not automatically reboot when it has a stop error - might tell you which driver is at fault ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

and how would I do that?

How come on the second load, everything loads fine?

When did winXP debut? I feel like SP1 should be out already. This OS is horrible. Yuck!

Ok, I got the blue screen and it says something about sysaudio.sys what does that mean?

Looks like the problem is with the sound drivers so dump the sound and remove the drivers then reload them and see if there are any updated drivers for it. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Definately sound drivers - check for an updated version that is certified with Windows XP :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Thread Information