Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Put my computer into a new case and now a little problem?

Default Put my computer into a new case and now a little problem?

I put my part of my one computer into a new case so I could make room for a new computer but I have a little problem now. All I did was to take all my parts out of my one case which I will be putting new parts in and put them into my new case and in my device manager now I have an ex****ation mark in other devices and it says pci device. I did not put any new parts in I just had to take them out to move the mobod etc. The only thing I have in a pci slot is an audigy 2 zs gamer which has not caused me any problems before. It works great and everything seems to be fine. I have xp pro with an amd 4400+ along with and ati 2600xt.
    Anyone seen this before?
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Default Re: Put my computer into a new case and now a little problem?

I'd reinstall the drivers for the audigy and see if the ! goes away as a first step
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

I removed a couple PICe/PCI cards, (Video, audio) to install a GPU fan and PCI USB card, and when I reinstalled my old cards, I had to reinstall the drivers for the Video card. I couldn't understand what happend, but I wonder if maybe some small amount of ESD caused it. I also removed a old HDD from one computer and when I installed it back in the same computer, my OS was bad, would not boot. I had to use my DVD to reinstall some missing INI files. Again, I wonder if ESD played a role.

Well, it was suggested to clear the cmos. I did so and now it won't boot. I went in and set bios but it still want to boot to cd and says boot disc failure. What the heck do I do for this?
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

boot disk failure when trying to boot to which drive? optical or hdd?

Check that the drives (both optical and hdd) are recognised in the bios, I presume you used the same locations on the cables for the drives so that changing jumpers is not required, yes??

If it's the optical drive, check all plugs and cables are securely pushed home. If you still have troubles try another (IDE??? you don't say if it is IDE or SATA) cable.

If it is the hdd try the same, check plugs, different cable.

I assume you have checked there is no floppy disk in the floppy drive (assuming your pc even has a floppy drive)

Let us know what the results are.
    Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 12-07-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: added stuff
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

click on the unknown device in device manager and then choose remove or unistall - if its a real device it will reappear in the device list after doing another scan

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    Anyone seen this before?
    Usually when someone has left an unused standoff on the mainboard tray as that usually shorts the mainboard out (sometimes the whole mainboard and other times just parts of it) but do reseat all expansion modules plus power & data cables.

You simply need to reconfigure your BIOS' boot device.
    Get your Motherboard manual. It's simple. If you don't have the manual, go to another computer and download it off the net.

Thread Information