Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help please

Default help please

bought new mother board foxxconn 945g7ma 8eks2h installed found cpu and memory but cant find hdd floppy or cd rom and is saying to insert cd driver but obviously not finding any one know whats problem ihave tried to find on automatic search it coming up as failed the hdd is sata 1 and the cd rom ide be grateful if any one can shed some light on this for me as i am a complete novice

Default Re: help please

SATA drives need a driver while loading Windows. You should be prompted at the beginning to hit F5 to install RAID drivers... you need to do this. Beforehand you will want to make sure you have the drivers downloaded from Foxconn and copied to a floppy disk. When prompted, insert the floppy disk and load the drivers. This will allow Windows to recognize and use the SATA hard drive until you install the mainboard drivers (which will update them).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: help please

got power all fans are working cd and floppy have got power but the mother board isnt letting me find them as to load a raid driver be grateful if anyone knows what is up

Thread Information