Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: crashes

Exclamation crashes

Recently my computer has been occasionally locking up and starts to loop whatever sound that was playing. forcing me to manually reboot. and today after playing tf2 the same thing happened, computer froze and sound is looped. However after rebooting, just before the windows logo is displayed my computer starts beeping repeatedly. now i can't even boot my computer because it just hangs and starts beeping. Although i can enter the bios. It seems most of my trouble started about a month ago when i got a new xfi sound blaster fatality. soon after my computer started crashing and looping sound. Most of the time during games so i figured that there was a problem with the sound card. so i uninstalled it and removed it; however, my computer continued to randomly lock up. Even when just browsing the web or doing something that had low utilization.

so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem?
    what does the beeping mean? i know there are post beeps but i don't see any that are similar to the beeps i get. they are high and fast continuous beeps. roughly 5 or more beeps per second.

thanks for the help!

Default Re: crashes

so i've figured out why it was beeping. for some reason the boot sequence was setup to run off of a usb over the hdd. however i still don't know why it's locking up

PC specs would be handy. :)

Does the problem persist if you remove the sound card from the equation?

Refer to m/board manual for beep codes meanings.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

it could also be a heat issue - try using a desk fan to blow in the side and see if that helps

Hi Teh cookie,
    as Kheldar said before it can be a heat issue , but hav eyou though about checking if maybe its a software problem?
    try searching in the event viewer or try to boot into safe mode and play with small things and see what is going on .

maybe your problem is even a software problem.

Thread Information