Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: which psu for my MSI K9A2 Platinum V2 AM2+

Exclamation which psu for my MSI K9A2 Platinum V2 AM2+

hi there,
    i've got problem with this mobo cuz it can't support certain psu n in my case CM 750W Real Power. after contacting their (msi, cooler master) support team they make a conclusion that only psu below 700W can cope with the startup safe mechanism on this board. so i have no choice but to refund the psu.

now i have 2 psu in mind,

CM M620 Modular or
    Gigabyte Odin 800W

if any1 that uses the same mobo as me pls do kindly share what psu r u using right now cuz i need to fire up my new rig quickly. if possible from CM brand user that can verify which psu works.

thx in advance!
    Last edited by Sib; 05-07-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Default Re: which psu for my MSI K9A2 Platinum V2 AM2+

That Cooler Master model is one of the most stable power supplies I have yet to test. I got next to no movement at all in any of the voltage rails, even under load.

As for the Gigabyte ODIN series, I have only tested the 1200w model and it was kick ass, but the one you chose is more than the needed 700w you mentioned in your post... or did I miss something?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion View Post
    That Cooler Master model is one of the most stable power supplies I have yet to test. I got next to no movement at all in any of the voltage rails, even under load.

As for the Gigabyte ODIN series, I have only tested the 1200w model and it was kick ass, but the one you chose is more than the needed 700w you mentioned in your post... or did I miss something?
    no i don't think so, i may do a crossfire sometime in the future so i need an extra wattage if possible. :)

btw, i need to know if someone use this mobo to confirm which psu they're using so that the same problem won't occur to me again.

I have to agree that CoolerMaster power supplys are stable as well as Silverstone. I own two 1200W Silverstone power supplys, and I have 25 customers that are running CoolerMaster 1K power supplys and 30 more customers running CoolerMaster 850W with no issues at all, besides being stable,you can hardly hear them running. I have two 1K sitting in stock for $160 each plus shipping.
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    Core i7 965 Extreme @4Ghz 12TEC Boreas Chiller
    Two GTX295s
    Two 300GB VelociRaptors,WD 750Gb
    6GB Kit CSX 2000 MHz Diablos
    1300W Tagan
    Lian Li A7010
    Two Lite ON 22X Sata DVD Burners
    Vista Ultimate 64Bit

2nd Rig

Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm
    Core i7 940 @ 4GHz Elite Chiller