Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restarting Problem

Default Restarting Problem

Computer keeps restarting within one minute of being on, i had left my computer on overnight and when i woke up it had the blue screen, so i turned it off rebooted, boot failed, did it again stayed on for about 20 minutes restarted, went from 20 minutes of being on, down to 5, down to 1 now it restarts in less than a minute of being logged on, tried safemode started running a virus scan and the same thing happened (lasted a little longer), currently running in safemode and no problems.

Most recent change I made was i changed ram about 2-3 months ago.

Games like world of warcraft, counter strike have been showing a lot of screen tearing and graphical "disturbances", they used to run fine, world of warcraft is expecially bad and will freeze my whole computer. Now i cant even keep it running for 30 seconds without it restarting, please help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Restarting Problem

Have you ran Memtest86+ on your ram lately? If not please get the latest version here and test each stick one at a time >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I replaced my last sticks of RAM because i had some problems before and when i tested it with mem test it said there was errors, so i got this new stuff, if errors come up could that suggest a problem with something else, i doubt i got faulty sticks twice in a row.

I replaced my 2gs Corsair PC2-5400 (333MHz) Dual Channel with 2gs of Crucial Ballistics PC2=6400(400mhz)dc

DOA sticks can happen anytime, with any brand. And Justs so you kow Crucial sticks die OFTEN with less volts then spec, or just randomly. I see everyday at many places new posts in the "3rd RMA on my Crucials" Thread

Are you manually setting the voltages for both sets? If so your board may be overvolting them more then you think. If you are not manually setting them then Auto may be giving them too much as well

Good thing for you though it Crucial Provides a lifetime warranty, and they do cross-ship as well. So best to test them out and see if they are still ok

How can i adjust the voltages, and what is a standard voltage for the sticks.

To test them individually do i need to remove one then do the test?

Well standard voltage can vary from model to model and stick to stick. It should be written on a sticker on the side of each ram module.

To set or change voltages you would need to look around in your BIOS and find the setting, it is easy to do.

Yes, please test each stick in slot one, one at a time

I ran memtest on each stick for just over 2 hours a piece and no errors came up. I just did the standard tests.

My comp has been running normally without any lockups or blue screens and its been on all day, yet im still getting screen-tearing in my games aka World Of Warcraft and Counter-Strike, FEAR will only run smoothly on low settings, When I first got my computer WoW would run completely fine with the settings maxed out. Could this mean my GFX card got cooked or something else?

As for the voltages, there was no sticker on the modules saying what they should be set at.

I noticed when I turned on my comp the to case fans were not spinning, i had to literally spin the to get them going, now they are running fine, I assumed it was just dust jamming them although I had dusted it throughly after the problems occured and the fans were fine before that.

One more question, is it normal to have 6 instances of Svchost.exe running all the time?
    Last edited by Brennan; 09-07-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Ya, it sounds to me as if they card is either overheating or dying. Can you test it in another system or test another card in yours to see if your system is to blame or the card acts the same in another system

What model # is there on your ram? If none, can you see if one is listed in CPU-z

DUST? Clean your PC out! HAHA

Yeap, they all are doing something, see mine 11 of them>>>

I dont have another system to put the card in, is there such thing as something like memtest that can test graphics cards?

I haven't formatted my PC in like 3 years and Ive installed, downloaded, uninstalled a lot of **** over the years.

The graphics card runs at about 50-60 Celsius a bit higher when running games according to my Nvidia monitor system thingy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information