Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Updated BIOS, computer turns on, monitor doesnt get signal.

Default Updated BIOS, computer turns on, monitor doesnt get signal.

I downloaded new drivers for my BIOS from the Asus homepage .bin format, then i used EZ Flash from the BIOS to do the update, said it completed and told me to press any key to restart so i did, it restarted but my monitor doesn't get any signal, along with my keyboard and mouse, I left it on overnight like that just incase the update was still doing something and it was still the same in the morning, i tried resetting several times throughout the day, same thing. So basically, what did I do and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Updated BIOS, computer turns on, monitor doesnt get signal.

You should never flash in windows! Always in DOS, what you are going to need to do is clear the CMOS

Open your case and find the Clear CMOS pins, unplug your PSU from the wall and put a optical/hard drive IDE jumper on the pins and let it set for about a half hour. Then remove the jumper and plug your PSU back in and see if it will start

If not you have bricked your motherboard and will have to RMA it, unless you have a removable BIOS chip. Which I am not sure about in that board, what does your manual say?

After I clear the CMOS Memory and if its sucessful do i need to redo anything in the BIOS like set voltages etc, because i have no idea what to do or anything to tell me how.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, after you flash go in and load optimized defaults, then save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS. Then you want to manually set the ram voltage to the spec amount on the sticker of your ram, and adjust any other timings you feel comfortable with.

or you can use another computer to download the latest BIOS and a flashing utility (ASUS' A-Flash -> ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-) and then load this onto a floppy or USB stick and boot from the USB drive and flash the latest BIOS. There's a better guide on BIOS flashing on ASUS boards here

http://support.asus.com/technicaldoc...Language=en-us
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

Bios have a habit of defaulting 'video' signal to onboard devices.
    The motherboard should have video out socket- use it - enter the Bios rest the Video signal setting, help file in BIOS/Manual should give the information required. If MB hasn't a video out socket then you've updated with wrong BIOS version. One solution for this is to use a old style PCI graphic card, but as for correcting the BIOS, some BIOS updates do allow roll back.

Thread Information