Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: $1000 FX1700 graphics card with a GA-EP45-DS4P

Cool $1000 FX1700 graphics card with a GA-EP45-DS4P

This $1000 FX1700 graphics card with a GA-EP45-DS4P is proving to be a bad investment. So, is it the card or is it the mobo?

System is comprised of: nVidia Quadro FX1700 graphics card in a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P (F7 BIOS) running WinXP Pro 32Bit OS. Its Intel E8600 sits under a V8 Cooler Master and is coupled with 2x2GB of 1066 Patriot Viper DDR2 RAM. The drives are a 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 and a Pioneer DVR16 Combo all wrapped in a Lancool PC K07 case.

I do Autocad and want to get into Solidworks. Everything (at the moment) is set a stock spec.

The problem:
    “Quadro FX1700 video card seems incompatible with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P (rev1.0) motherboard (was F5, now F7 BIOS ) running WinXP Pro 32bit. Both the motherboard and its Intel E8600 CPU are set to standard specs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    The error message after several attempts to install the video card driver from either the supplied disk or the latest driver downloaded driver from nVidia is:<o:p></o:p>
    "nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware."<o:p></o:p>
    Things seemed to be working 'OK' on the “VGA Save” - default WinXP graphics driver, until I attempted to load the supplied Quadro Series driver. (I believe I followed standard protocol to the letter, uninstalling the video driver before attempting to reload)
    Considering this is a c.$900 workstation video card and a 'brand name' Gigabyte (upper mid-range) motherboard, I'm really annoyed things haven’t gone more smoothly. Afterall, one of the main reasons you fork out more for 'quality' is so you don’t have deal with the hassles. But what a pain in the arse this project has turned out to be.
    The title of CD ROM that came with the video card is "Quadro Series - Best Workstation Solution" (really?) version 2.9 P/N Y02G0107 Copyright 2008.” <o:p></o:p>
    I also downloaded and attempted to install the latest driver from the nVidia website. This driver is entitled "178.46_quadro_winxp2k_international_whql.exe" Which might as well be caode for: "we'll take your money, time, effort and patience plus you get to do the debugging for us".<o:p></o:p>
    I performed a routine installation (sure it was routine, I had to perform it four times) and followed known protocols and instructions methodically.

I even reformatted the partition, reloaded the OS and mobo drivers, etc and still I kept seeing the same error message (above). So I decided to retrograde the installation from WinXP Pro SP3 to SP2. I note that the Gigabyte mobo (CDROM) drivers are designated for SP2. Regardless, the mobo drivers seemed to like both SP2 & 3. Yet even after the retrograde, I had the same error message each time I attempted to load either the supplied CD driver or the latest download from nVidia.<o:p></o:p>
    The Gigabyte motherboard is (otherwise) an award winner and I (thought I) heard good things about the FX1700, so why is this a "problem combination" and how can we fix it please? Help required. Cheers, cr4zyu.<o:p> </o:p>

Default Re: $1000 FX1700 graphics card with a GA-EP45-DS4P

bump...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: $1000 FX1700 graphics card with a GA-EP45-DS4P

Is this Nvidia Branded card? Not the chip, I mean the card itself. Just wondering

Do you have PEG Set in the BIOS for Init First Display and the card in the first PCI-E Slot?

I do see this for a PNY version at newegg in the comments >>>

CONS

Included drivers on the CD don't work for XP64. Major pain and lots of hours on Google to find the correct drivers - not to be found on PNY's web site or on Nvidia's web site. Found them on a 3rd party web site.
    Source

So maybe you just do not have the right driver? Ill look around, but I need to know for sure the manufacturer of the PCB/card. Normally any Nvidia driver from their site is fine for any Nvidia based card, but sounds like this card may need specific drivers per manufacturer?

Did you try the normal latest Nvidia Driver at all, as they are universal

Also, what you can do is get any version of the latest driver here at Laptopvideo2go and download the driver and modified .inf file and install it. I checked this one (One of the newer ones) and FX 1700 is added. They just make all drivers work for all cards >>>>
    v180.42 Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - Big Bang II - nVision

What you do is extract the driver and then replace the inf file inside the installer folder with their modded one and then install the driver as normal.

Of course you may get the same error with one of those? Not sure. What does your event viewer say about this error?

You do have the latest Intel Inf Driver package installed right? If not here you go, could also be the cause >>>
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe

Thread Information