Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

Yes the board is causing the issue. How can i can mode from dual to single?..

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
    I believe that the memory controller on my old board was the problem as a gigabyte tech suggested. The new board took care of those problems described above without an issue, now I believe tinkering with the CPU setting might resolve my slow CPU reading but work and other projects are really biting into my time to tinker at the moment. 100+ hour work week really wears me out:(.
    So you RMA'd your old board and the new one they sent works fine in dual channel? Im having this same problem where my ram only works in single channel. I have tried 5 sets now of ram, and all of them have the same outcome. (looping reboot) Have you verified that all of your ram is recognized in bios? Because I had my ram in dual channel (dimm 1,3) sometimes it would boot up but only recognize one stick
    Q9650
    2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 2.1v
    GA-EP45-UD3P/DFI LP DK t2rsb+ x48
    HIS 4870x2
    Xfi Fatality
    Corsair HX1000w
    Vista Ult. 64bit
    Samsung 245bw
    Sony Optiarc Bluray

After nearly 1 hour it boots and windows recognizes 3 gb ram but when i open tast manager /performance it shows it only uses 1024mb which is the kingston i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by PlUgOuT View Post
    Yes the board is causing the issue. How can i can mode from dual to single?..
    By choosing the right RAM slots. Single channel only works with up to two DIMMs and you need to use slot 1&2 for it. The board might also use singel channel if you install 3 DIMMs, I'm not sure about this though, I never tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchkinpuncher View Post
    So you RMA'd your old board and the new one they sent works fine in dual channel? Im having this same problem where my ram only works in single channel. I have tried 5 sets now of ram, and all of them have the same outcome. (looping reboot) Have you verified that all of your ram is recognized in bios? Because I had my ram in dual channel (dimm 1,3) sometimes it would boot up but only recognize one stick

Everything seems good after getting the new (same make & model) mainboard. (SO FAR!) Dual channel and 4 gig of ram running Vista 64 bit OS. Haven't had time to overclock but the slow CPU issue I had was just a setting in the bios as suspected, by default the CPU multiplier option setting is set to 8 multipliers were my CPU has 10, never came across that one B4 now.
    All the programs run fine and most games run fine except Mirrors Edge and Left 4 Dead. I get a dark screen but can hear the games running in the background. I'm thinking its either an incompatibility with the 64 bit OS, an incompatibility with my MSI GeForce 260 video card, or a defualt setting on those games that are incompatible with my Sony LCD TV monitor even though I have all the P.C. driver updates as well as game updates installed. Could use some thoughts here........

Update;
    Mirrors edge works!!! Hooked up a regular PC monitor to change the resolution within the game so it worked with my Sony 32" LCD TV. The default resolution was too much for it.
    Not sure what to do with Left 4 dead though. It works on a PC monitor but changing resolution and turning everything else down didn't do the trick to get this game working on the Sony like it did with Mirrors edge. I must be overlooking something.......
    Last edited by Spongebob; 02-25-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Question Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

Hi,

I've also been having a similar problem where I've had the system boot up for about 3-5 seconds before shutting down.

I am using a Thermaltake Silent 775 fan...not sure if that is part of the problem. The fan only has 3 connectors instead of 4. It also doesn't start when I boot my system if I have it plugged into the CPU fan connector. If I put it into the System fan 3 pin connector, it works. Either way, the system boots for 5 seconds before shutting off.

I am using 2 1GB sticks of PQI25400-1GSB, which is a 667mhz w/a 4-4-4-12 latency. The manual says that 667mhz should be compatible.

The power source is a RAIDMAX 630W

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Should I try and switch fans? Do you think the memory is the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have been having a similar issue with my PC. Bought the parts in November and still haven't been able to get it working. My system doesn't boot cycle, but will freeze during stress (games - Left 4 Dead and DoD:Source or Prime95 blend stress test). The processor will pass the Prime95 processor only stress test, and the computer will not freeze if only a single stick is in, or if both sticks of RAM are in single channel mode (although while if a single stick is in, Prime95 will pass, but even if both sticks are in single channel Prime95 returns with an error). The RAM are fine, pass Memtest86 individually and together. I have also RMA'd both the RAM and the mobo once each, and the problem still persists. Corsair claims it could be either the mobo or the processor - I might try RMA'ing that next. Any other suggestions?

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard, Rev. 1.0, BIOS F8

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory, TWIN2X4096-6400C5

EVGA 512-P3-N971-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Antec earthwatts EA430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

LG Black 22X 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner

Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by locke6785 View Post
    I might try RMA'ing that next. Any other suggestions?

When I got my first board from Newegg I could only boot with one single ram stick as I said before in this post. Seems it might have been a bad memory controller on the board itself because, I reordered another board just like it and used the same kind of ram, since then it has been glitch free ever since the new board. I really like the board alot after the second round. I'm glad I stuck with it.

If you have other ram modules I would try those first before sending the board back even though the test said its ok.

I have a similar problem with my UD3R when i overclock my system.When the system is at default everything is fine.But if i overclock to 8.5 x471, i passed successful Prime 95 small & large ffts 12hours.After that when i restart my PC follows selfrestarting. I tested two kits of G.Skill - PC8000 & Pc8800.
    i7-860(20x200)1.3v,Phanteks+3xTR TY-141, P55-UD6 F11d,G.Skill Trident PC 16000 9-9-9-27 1.6v 2x2 gb,Sapphire 7850 2gb OC, SSD Samsung 840pro 128gb,2x1TB WD BLUE 64MB SATA3 WD10EZEX,850W Seasonic M12 II Bronze SS-850AM, LG M2352D-PZ.

infocus is offline Junior Member

You can't use 4 memory sticks on this board.Three only(I have the same board)Sorry.Keep the extra as a spare...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information