Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

Default GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

I just received a new GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard from Newegg, the board powers up and the lights come on but all I get is a black screen. Tried a nvidia Geforce 9800gt video card that is known to work instead of the GF GTX 260 that I ordered for the board but the same results happen with both. I also tried 2 different monitors which I know work as well as the monitor cables. The sytem did power up and down several quick times when I first started it but it only did that at first now it stays powered up until I turn it off but I never did get anything but a dark screen. Any suggestions before I RMA it? If I RMA it should I do the CPU also? I'm not sure if a bad CPU can cuase this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-13-128-358-_-Product

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mainboard problem.

Some of the P45 series mainboards have extra power connections that need to be made. Usually either a Molex or FDD port that can be taken care of directly from the PSU. Just a thought.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Just noticed it boots up fine with one ram module. Any others even after testing all 4 of them as single modules to make sure they all work I get the dark screen or the system starts up and shuts down about every 10 seconds continuously.

These are the ram modules I have. I tried upping the voltage since the bios recognized them as 1.8 v modules to 2.1 and 2.2v but still the same happens.

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB 34nm SSD - Maxtor 320GB
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SuperOverclock 1GB
    Corsair TX650W PSU
    Windows 7 HP 64-bit - SP1
    Antec 300 Case - Maxed out fans

"The files are IN the computer ... It's SO SIMPLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDude05 View Post
    Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
    Tried it. Wish I had a diskette drive to update bios. Gigabytes windows flash utility doesn't work with Vista 64 bit or 32 bit (Yes I did both installs just for that!!!), the built in flash updater only recognizes a diskette drive. Haven't needed one for years. Keyboard doesn't work with DOS prompt, don't figure. This board is very strange. Never had so much trouble to do something so simple before.

Update; Got bios updated by putting new file on USB stick but still the same thing happens. I called Gigabyte and they want to RMA the board. Tried a couple A-data ram modules and the same thing happened. I did however notice that 2 Gskill ram modules from an older system seem to work fine so I decided to call OCZ tech. They want to mail me new ram that they think is more compatible with with that mainboard before I RMA the mainboard. Said they have been having problems with some of they memory modules and want to rectify the problem ASAP. Great tech support at both Gigabyte and OZC!!! I just hope they get it out soon because I have a RMA ticket out on the board with Newegg that expires in 12 days. Too many RMA's and I'm not sure what to think anymore.
    Last edited by Spongebob; 01-28-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Got new mainboard (same), CPU (upgrade), and ram (same except 2x2 gb sticks instead of 1x4s). Installed Vista 64 bit and updated all drivers. I used an Intel Core 2 Dou E8600 3.33 GHZ CPU and it shows as a 3.33 ghz running at 2.86ghz in windows. Vista's Windows experience shows the CPU as a 5.6 only one point better than my Core Dou E6750 2.66ghz CPU at stock. I was expecting an easy 5.9 right from the start since this is the fastest Core Dou CPU I could find.
    <dl><dd class="promotionText">
    </dd><dd class="description"> <dl><dd class="title">

</dd></dl></dd></dl>

I have the exact same problem. Kinda. Black screen and restart every few secs. I don't know what to do. Hi-levels don't work. Kingston works fine. Is there a solution?..

Try one RAM stick and then two in slot 1 & 2 (NOT dual channel). Several people in the Gigabyte support section and other forums also ahve this problem. It's definitely not a compatability issue as there have been reports of people with the exact system specs where one ahd the problem and the other didn't.
    Last edited by Nickel020; 02-18-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlUgOuT View Post
    I have the exact same problem. Kinda. Black screen and restart every few secs. I don't know what to do. Hi-levels don't work. Kingston works fine. Is there a solution?..

I believe that the memory controller on my old board was the problem as a gigabyte tech suggested. The new board took care of those problems described above without an issue, now I believe tinkering with the CPU setting might resolve my slow CPU reading but work and other projects are really biting into my time to tinker at the moment. 100+ hour work week really wears me out:(.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Try RAM sone RAM stick and then two in slot 1 & 2 (NOT dual channel).
    I didn't get it. I tried them seperately. I have four slots. Seperately and together in every possible way. Nothing happened:S..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information