Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte Motherboard and OCZ Reaper RAM

Exclamation Gigabyte Motherboard and OCZ Reaper RAM

Here are my specs

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 PC2 8500 RAM 8 gigs (4 sticks of 2gb)
    Geforce 8800 GTS video Card

Can give more upon request.

Here comes the fun part. I am completely lost. And it takes a lot for me to admit that. Doing a fresh build on this computer with Vista 64 Ultimate I have seen this PC do things I have never seen before. The only thing else it could of done that would have surprised me is a little hand coming out of the front and slapping me in the face. I got 64 installed and after about 3 hours of updates. Having to keep trying because the failed and windows update wouldnt work. BTW I could not even download SP1 for Vista 64 because the server would keep getting reset so I downloaded on my Home Theater PC in the living room and transfered it via thumbdrive. The question, sorry it took so long to arrive at,is anyone else had any problems with OCZ ram and a Gigabyte board. I keep getting the runaround from the Tech support. After everything loads, services will just stop randomly. BITS stopped IP Helper stopped, spooler service stopped (all randomly by the way). Vista popped up and said it wasnt valid. (My company is a Gold partner and I know my copy is valid) I completed activation , then randomly it said again later i needed to validate and register online. I dont know what the hell is going on. After 3 days i just pulled out 4 gigs or ram and loaded good ole reliable windows XP pro. (I even tried XP pro 64 and had some Video driver issues). Any suggestions other than setting it on fire and dancing around it with a picture of steve jobs in one hand and a beer in the other?

Thanks

Tirade over

Default Re: Gigabyte Motherboard and OCZ Reaper RAM

Im assuming you did a fresh format? If not, do so using only 1 - 2 sticks of ram, minimal hardware connected - video card, mouse, kb, ram, cpu, hdd, cd rom... Take out any extra stuff that you dont need. Also, if you didnt do a fresh format, you sure you have no trojans, viruses ETC?

Thread Information