Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer wont run in normal startup.

Default Computer wont run in normal startup.

When I try to set it to normal startup instead of selective in msconfig it locks up, i noticed it was running in safe mode when i went into the task manager and it was only running 27 processes (usally its about 60) desktop looks normal, msn messenger wont run.

Default Re: Computer wont run in normal startup.

When i set it to normal startup safemode is checked if i uncheck safe mode it goes to selective startup and says its going to use the modified boot.ini file how can i start it up normally without it going into safe mode? The way it is now applications are locking up and all the normal processes are not running.
    Last edited by Brennan; 03-31-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Everything will not be running in safe mode since it is designed for system recovery. If it fails to load in a normal manner, you might try running a malware check while in safe mode and see if there is anything unusual found.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Not sure if this is important but I recently had my power supply replaced because the one i had got fried (i heard it burn up went i tried to start my computer)

Also today I got a blue screen error, it tried to restart and startup failed so i just shut it off for a min or so, turned it back on and it started up fine (still in selective startup), but a message came up saying "windows had to recover some part of the registry, the recovery was successful"

Thread Information