Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel DX58SO and XP Crashing during install

Default Intel DX58SO and XP Crashing during install

When I tried to install XP Pro (SP1) on the above board it crashed halfway thru the install. I later found out that I need SP2 or SP3 due to some incompatibility driver issues. However I would like to reformat the HD (again) before I re-install. I also tried to load Linux (Suse) but I think it gets some of the drivers from XP and also crashes. In the BIOS there is no format option, so the question is: Whats the best way to re-format the Hard Drive when Windows is not available? Cheers Kim

Default Re: Intel DX58SO and XP Crashing during install

This page gives a basic walkthrough for reformating and installing with an XP disk: Lifehacker - Geek to Live: How to format your hard drive and install Windows XP from scratch - Feature
    Linux will not/ can not use your Windows drivers. I suspect you may have other issues.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: Intel DX58SO and XP Crashing during install

Problem is that XP (in CD) goes straight to where it loads the drivers, without asking for anything after each re-boot.
    Will try Knobbix as this has worked before on my other PC

Thread Information