Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Issue with HD audio and front panel

Default Issue with HD audio and front panel

Hi all hoping someone may be able to help me I have a HAF 932 case with a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P running Vista 64, everything is running fine apart from I cannot get the the front panel of my case to work. I have the HD header plugged into the motherboards F_audio and running the latest realtek drivers, plugged into the rear audio all I have is 1 jack and that is a pair of front speakers.

In the realtek audio manager I have the black plug on back panel reasigned to front speakers, in device advanced setting mute rear is selected along with seperate all input jacks and in connector settings I have enable popup ticked.

The problem I am having is when I plug headphones into the front port they are not being detected at all and although when I plug my mic in it is getting detected its not working, my case comes with ac97 as well and tried this along with gigabytes way of enabling it in the manual still I get nothing so any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe im just thick but as far as I can see ive tried everything

Thanks

Default Re: Issue with HD audio and front panel

Wow, I'm having sort of the same issues with my mobo, also. I have the exact same mobo and I have no rear speaker sound. The fronts are plugged into the green jack and the rears into the black. Weird thing is, when I plug in the rear speakers, the popup appears so it is detecting them, but there is no output. I use the HD audio wires from the front panel to plug into the F_audio header and the headphones work ok, and it even plays all 4 speakers!

My problem isn't as severe as yours, but let's keep in touch as maybe we'll find answers to fix our problems. I installed an Audigy 2 ZS I had in my other XP computer and all 4 speakers now work. BUT, I can't use the headphones in the front jack because I had to disable the onboard audio GRRR ... hehe

I plan on calling Gigabyte soon and ask them about our issues. Maybe there's some other forums that can help?
    Smilodon tower case
    GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD X2 550 BE running stock with stock cooler
    G.Skill 2 X 2GB DDR3 1333
    EVGA GTX260 216 core 896 SC running stock
    WD Black 1 Tera

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Thread Information