Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help resolving IRQ conflict.

to wiggo - well, uh, no... but I did so afterwards, and then tried to reinstall.
    Misspellers Untie!!

That's probably it then as it's still tryin' to find it in the other slot, but do upgrade your os to XP or get rid off 768MB's of memory as that is most likely causing problems as well. You could try this to, http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q253912 , but a clean XP installation would be best. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

if u boot into safe mode, the "ghost device(s)" should appear in your device list (my computer properties).

from there you can remove offending hardware and then when you reboot into windows, it should detect normally..

does putting the card in slot 3 give it a separate IRQ?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Skullshot, yeas putting the sound card in slot 3 gives it IRQ 7, and the video card 'stayed' at IRQ 11. I'll try the safe mode thing.

Btw, my 1gb of memory is giving me no problems. Win 98 recognizes it and the other day I was doing a bunch of 'stuff' and was actually using over 700mb of memory. Once I get linux installed, I'm only going to use windows for gaming anyway.
    Misspellers Untie!!

I am having the same problem; modem, video card, and sound card all on IRQ 11. I am also using windows 98. I need to physically move the sound card and modem to different PCI slots? How can I tell which one goes where. The layout in my computer looks as follows:

AGP [ Video Card Slot ]

PCI [ Currently Modem ]

PCI [ Currently Sound Card ]

PCI [ Empty ]

PCI [ Empty ]

PCI [ Empty ]

PCI [ Empty ]

I have been looking at alot of web pages on how to fix my current conflict and some have said that I need to go into BIOS and change IRQ settings etc etc. Any specific help would be appreciated. Thanks

After removing the soundcard and modem in the device manager plus removing any software they may have installed thru the add/remove programs section of the control panel turn of the PC and disconnect it from the power source.
    Discharge any static electricity you may have by grounding yourself.
    Now as a rule No.1 PCI slot should never be used and soundcards usually always go better in No.3 PCI slot (these are numbered in order from the AGP slot)
    Stick the modem in PCI slots No's 5 & 6 and things should separate a little. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I spread out the sound card and the modem like you said, but all three components (video sound modem) are on IRQ 11 still. Is there a way to change the IRQ numbers in BIOS?

Most BIOS's do have that under "PNP/PCI Configuration". ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information