Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good computer but lag.....

Default Good computer but lag.....

Hello recently i have been getting lag with my computer and it is very annoying.
    My specs are:
    Q8200 OC 3.00Ghz
    GA-EP35-DS3P
    Kensington Hyper X 4gb
    9800GTX+
    Noctua NH-C12P

My operating system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Default Re: Good computer but lag.....

maybe you got some spyware?,try doing a virus scan.

Any errors in event viewer? Have you ran Malwarebytes?

ill try doing them now

If you let us know exactly when your having the lag issue it might help track it down quicker.

the problem is that when i am typing it lags. so i type the words out and after a second or two i see the words. when i open my internet browser or anything to do with the internet it will lag this includes start up programs like windows live mesenger. i used malware bytes and it found one registry problem which i clicked fix. but that didnt fix the problem i also virus scanned my computer which took like 2 hrs but that didnt still fix the problem?

Do you guys i think a reformat would help? if that is the last option ill do it but only after my exams are done..

Slowklopdop

Which anti-virus program are you using? Try disabling it and seeing if it is causing the problem. Check task manager to see what is running and take CPU cycles.

Have you gone through all of your components and checked to see if there are new Windows 7 drivers for any/all of them? If you do choose to go with the reformat option be advised that you do NOT need to install Vista then use the upgrade disk. You CAN do a complete install using an upgrade disk. http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/cle...rade_media.asp
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

atm my antivirus that i am currently using is eset NOD32. And CPU cycles wat the?

I had eSet NOD32 on our corporate network for 65 days. It took out two XP registry and profiles. It damaged the entries for a SQL Server. A lot of major issues with servers locking up and rebooting. I talked to support 20+ times about issues. Finally, I asked to speak to a manager or for a full refund. No manager called. They issues me a full refund that day. They don't offer refunds after 30 days but gave me one.

Since removing it, no issues at all. I has reinstall two workstations and still need to uninstall and reinstall SQL Server. SQL still functions. It just can't be upgraded with service packs. Two of the databases will soon be 64-bit and will be able to be moved. So I am waiting for this.

I would remove it and switch to Avast or AVG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information