Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Victoria, B.C, Canada
    Posts
    115

    Default Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    I ordered a 9400 GT from NCIX to replace my 7900 GTX; I wasn't able to play games because my screen would start showing random textures in the game enviroments and other weird effects before the computer would lock up. I assumed it was the video card because my ram was replaced and still the problems persisted I removed all my nvidia drivers via add/remove programs and shut off the computer unplugged it, took the old card out put the new one in (following the directions from the manual to make sure i dint miss anything) started the system back up (sounded normal new video card fan started running) yet the monitor wasn't getting a signal, i went to shut my computer off by holding the button for 5 or so seconds and it wouldnt shut off, i had to switch the PSU off to shut it down, i put the old card back in and now it doesn't work at all either. Did I cook something? Please helps.

    My specs are in my signature, (the ram isnt up to date)


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mandaue City, Philippines
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    try to use reset the CMOS.... or use the built in video and set the BIOS->initial video to PCIE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    newyork
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    I ordered a 9400 GT from NCIX to replace my 7900 GTX; I wasn't able to play games because my screen would start showing random textures in the game enviroments and other weird effects before the computer would lock up. I assumed it was the video card because my ram was replaced and still the problems persisted I removed all my nvidia drivers via add/remove programs and shut off the computer unplugged it, took the old card out put the new one in (following the directions from the manual to make sure i dint miss anything) started the system back up (sounded normal new video card fan started running) yet the monitor wasn't getting a signal, i went to shut my computer off by holding the button for 5 or so seconds and it wouldnt shut off, i had to switch the PSU off to shut it down, i put the old card back in and now it doesn't work at all either. Did I cook something? Please helps.

    My specs are in my signature, (the ram isnt up to date)



    Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.





    __________________
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-30-2010 at 07:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    Quote Originally Posted by evelynz8735 View Post
    Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.





    __________________

    well, Hi. I'm new too. Welcome.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    Hi guys,

    Did you ever get this sorted. I'm in the same situation.

    Thanks for any help.

    Pete

  6. #6
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    Did you check to be sure you plugged in the power cables for the new card?

    Post your full specs and explain the issue further so someone can help.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Installed new video card, no signal to monitor, put orignal back now doesnt work

    Quote Originally Posted by blizzaga4 View Post
    try to use reset the CMOS.... or use the built in video and set the BIOS->initial video to PCIE
    I have the same problem!Ill try the way, thanks for sharing!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •