Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Acer Aspire One AOA 110 Netbook Windows 7 SATA drivers

Default Acer Aspire One AOA 110 Netbook Windows 7 SATA drivers

I have researched for several days regarding this issue, however I have not found a solution. It seems that this is a common problem when trying to install any MS OS onto a newly formatted Acer Apire One Netbook.

My Specs are: Acer Aspire One AOA 110 Netbook, 8gb Sandisk SDCFX3-8192.

I have created a Win7 usb boot disk, however, the Win7 installation does not recognize the 8gb Sandisk SDCFX3-8192 Solid State Drive. Any and all Intel Chipset or ACHI/SATA drivers downloaded from Acer or Intel do not work including AHCI Intel 9.6.4.1002 and Chipset Intel 8.3.0.10 during the "load drivers" phase of the Win7 install.

All Linux bootloaders have been wiped and the "Bootmgr is missing" error occurs when booting to the ssd. I suspect the MBR is corrupted.

The Bios (InsydeH2O v0.3310) recognizes the ssd, as does the command prompt of the Windows Repair Environment (c:)

I would prefer to steer clear of any Linux suggestions as I am unfamiliar with it and the AOA110 is being prepped for a 10 year old.

Any suggestions are on how to correct these errors is appreciated:

1) 8 gb SDD not recognized during Win7 install
    2) The MBR has been corrupted.

Thank you
    Last edited by sammy12; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Thread Information