Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with Logitech G510 and CPU usage readings

Default Problems with Logitech G510 and CPU usage readings

Today I bought Logitech G510 keyboard and while I was very impressed I've noticed one problem - after installing keyboard drivers, CPU usage became high even though I do "nothing" beside listening to music and browsing internet. CPU usage never goes down below 30% and it always runs at max frequency!
    I didn't have this problem before I installed drivers for keyboard.
    I checked "balanced" in Power Options and when I do "nothing", CPU usage usually never goes above 10% and it runs at 800MHz...

Computer specs:
    AMD Phenom2 X4 955BE feat. CM 212+
    Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
    2*2GB DDR3 Mushkin Silverline Stiletto
    Gigabyte GTX 460 768MB Windforce 2
    SeaSonic SS-620GM PSU

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you
    Kind Regards

Default Re: Problems with Logitech G510 and CPU usage readings

This may not be a problem, you are just noticing your CPU usage now that you have an on-screen monitor available on your keyboard. Did you ever monitor it before?

Having 30% usage while listening to music may not be cause for alarm. If you really think it is the keyboard you'll have to test without it.
    Raven RV03 / Gigabyte G1.Sniper / 990x / 12GB RAM / 3 x 580 GTX / 2 x 250GB 510 & 3 x 160GB X-25M Intel SSDs / Antec HCP 1200W

I did monitor CPU usage before keyboard driver installation as I already said. Only after installing keyboard drivers, CPU usage went high.
    Good news is that I solved this problem after reinstalling OS. CPU usage went back to normal - 10% max. when I do "nothing" at 800MHz...
    Thanks for help anyway.

I thought the Logitech G510 looked like a great piece of gear, but after reading about so many various problems with them, I'm happy that I bought one not !

Thread Information