Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need winxp driver for vid card

Hello all of you out there, I am new to this site but i was still wondering if there were any kind souls out there who could help me to find a windows xp (professional) driver for my video card. I am using a diamond viper 2 which uses a savage 2000 chip. I've checked both the www.diamondmm.com website and the www.s3.com website but they are no help at all. I was wondering if anyone could help me to either find the appropriate driver or help me to fix the problem. Basically i am experience system flaws such as not being able to shutdown properly and also the card doesn't perform up to it's former capabilities. :mad:

Thanks for your help.

If there are any leads pls email me at infielder6@yahoo.com
    :thumb:

Hi infielder6, welcome to the forum :wave:

I searched the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List for your Video card, and it is compatible with Windows 2000 but not Windows XP. I also remember reading elsewhere that the S3 Savage2000 is a problem child that doesn't work reliably with anything later than Windows 2000 (meaning Linux, UNIX etc).

So I think you will have to save up for a new video card :cry:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

:cry: really.... oh well thanks for your help and advice...:)

If you ever need to find any drivers you should try,

http://www.software.drivers.com/
    cus that site gots lots of drivers n stuff

s3 suck, but if you are searching for their drivers, all that is left can be found at:
    www.s3graphics.com

prolly just incompatible tho, i have found most of the early s3 cards esp PCI ones to be a ***** in xp, which is odd when it works in 2k really

thanks everyone for the help, i've found the driver for it actually.. they don't have it at s3 i've already checked but it turns out it's on the winxp cd :laugh: i feel really stupid eh.. but it's weird that xp wouldn't upgrade the driver for me when i upgraded 98se to xp pro. oh well... the graphics still suck in xp though... so i'm forced to wait for a gf4 ti 4200... : peace2:

At least you've got the problem licked for the time being :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Thread Information